TimeTrax Recast Beta 1.3.58 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Recast has a new requirement that Internet access is required to support some of the new advanced features as well as future planned services and features.

We are curently exploring the possibility of allowing users to opt out of the advanced features thereby eliminating the requirement of Internet access - although this is not a current option.

If it is possible it will not become available at least until our next major revision release (whole number increment).

The auto reconnect is something we are working on and may be in the final release when the Beta becomes a full release.

Keep the ideas/suggestions/and reports coming.

We are listening and giving the feedback to the team.

Thanks!

Derek

My recordings from Recast Online do not have clean start/stops (i.e. a recording has about 10-15 seconds of the previous song at the beginning and is cut off prematurely at the end.

album info disappears from column in channel listing

Just noticed this morning (for the second time) that the album info has disappeared from that particular column in the channel listing.

A few of the stations were still displaying this information, but most were not.

I checked the XM online player, and it WAS broadcasting this information.

Can you tell if you are still getting other data fed from XM Online? For example, are artists and titles fully populated or are the becoming truncated at 16 characters? If they are being truncated, are you losing that data at the same time that you are losing the album data?

Also, does there seem to be a consistency to the timing of the data drop? For example is it 22 minutes after starting up the software every time? or 9 minutes after switching stations?

Which channels continue to display the full data?

What happens if you shut down Recast and reload it? Does the data repopulate and the function as normal?

To confirm, I think you are running Time Trax Recast using the hardware satellite radio as the main source and using the option to pull any additional available from XM online, correct?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think the answers will really help us figure out how to approach the problem.

If anyone else is experiencing similar issues, please chime in here and post answers to the same questions posted above for pizzaguy.

David
Time Trax

dkieffer said:
Can you tell if you are still getting other data fed from XM Online? For example, are artists and titles fully populated or are the becoming truncated at 16 characters? If they are being truncated, are you losing that data at the same time that you are losing the album data?

The data from XM Online was still there and included the all characters (even over 16 if the name was that long) as well as the album name.

BTW: I am fully aware that the album info is not always broadcast from XM for every station and take this into consideration when posting my findings. Also, for sake of ease, when I refer to album info, I am also referring to the extended characters.

dkieffer said:
Also, does there seem to be a consistency to the timing of the data drop? For example is it 22 minutes after starting up the software every time? or 9 minutes after switching stations?

I have noticed the last time around, that recorded songs included the album info for almost 2 hours from the point at which I started the program and began recording. After that, none of the recorded songs had this info for the next 8 hours (at which point I came home from work and stopped recording). I will run a few more tests.

dkieffer said:
Which channels continue to display the full data?

I will make a list on my next test. I will say for now off the top of my head (so please don't hold me to it), more than half of the stations were not displaying this info.

dkieffer said:
What happens if you shut down Recast and reload it? Does the data repopulate and the function as normal?

Yes...I have tried this more than a few times successfully. The only time it did not work was when I actually had an error like the program shutting down for loss of connection. In those cases, I had to shut down the program AND cycle the power to the radio.

This leads me to believe that I may be experiencing two separate issues here. I'm just wondering if the loss of album info really is caused by a momentary loss of connection or something else. If it really was a loss of connection, wouldn't it shut the program down? Is there a timer set when a loss of connection is detected and the connection has to be gone for a certain period of time before the program shuts down? If so, maybe the loss WAS momentary and that could be the reason for the album info disappearing.

Having said all that, My ISP is pretty reliable.

dkieffer said:
To confirm, I think you are running Time Trax Recast using the hardware satellite radio as the main source and using the option to pull any additional available from XM online, correct?

Yes.

dkieffer said:
Sorry for all the questions, but I think the answers will really help us figure out how to approach the problem.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else.

dkieffer said:
If anyone else is experiencing similar issues, please chime in here and post answers to the same questions posted above for pizzaguy.

David
Time Trax

I would be very surprised if I were the only one experiencing this particular problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Odd file truncation

I'm getting early truncation at the end of songs, as well. I'm using ReCast Online and the chopped part at the end of one song becomes part of the mp3 on the next song. My settings in the Beta are pretty standard. Is there a workaround?

dowzup said:
I'm getting early truncation at the end of songs, as well. I'm using ReCast Online and the chopped part at the end of one song becomes part of the mp3 on the next song. My settings in the Beta are pretty standard. Is there a workaround?

You can try changing the "Song Change Delay" on the config menu.

Every channel is going to be different since the "cuts" are based on when the channel list is updated. Each channel does it differently and sometimes the broadcaster is either early or slow with the change.

It really is one of those things you will have to experiment with till you get it how you want it. Keeping in mind that TimeTrax can't control what the broadcaster does when sending out the channel info.

Derek

Results of another test:

Started the program and recorded for 47 minutes before loosing the album info.

XM Online was broadcasting the info.

Continued to record for the next few hours to see if the info would re-appear, but it did not.

Stopped recording and let the program continue to run over night.

The only stations still displaying the info this morning were:
25, 33, 75, 76, 77, 90 and 95

I will run more tests over the weekend.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)