TimeTrax User Forums are back on-line

dserianni

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Hi Everyone,

The support forums are back on-line.

Just as an FYI, no one was banned, no one was being punished, it was just that the link needed to be taken off-line while an investigation was going on. This needed to be done and communication of why we took the forums off-line could not be relayed to the public.

We are sorry that this had to happen and we apologize that it seemed "mysterious".

We encourage you all to use the support ticket system for issues that arrise with the software rather than the forum. The support system allows us to share issues with our entire team so that resolution can take place. We do a lot of behind the scenes stuff and we use the support system to do this.

We understand that there is a lot of speculation about certain items, such as registration, licences and the beta testing that was conducted.

You can speculate all you like but do keep in mind that all heresay is exactly that.

An official announcement will be posted shortly about registration and licences, trust me... it won't be as bad as everyone has speculated. Give us a chance to address it rather than getting all upset about it.

No one has had their software "turn off" or "stop working".
No one has had their software "expire"

This is something that will be addressed in an official announcement and is not something to be that upset over.

We will be revisiting our procedures from here on in and you will find that on a go forward basis things will be much better with how we released and develop our products.

For those of you who are not happy with the current Recast product we will be putting the TimeTrax Classic program back on our site for download and you are more than welcome to download and use that till you wish to use Recast. This is something that will take place in the next few weeks. We are not forcing anyone to go to Recast unless they want to.

Please be patient with us as we work very hard to make Recast the product that you will all love to use.

Once again... thanks for supporting us and also being patient with us at the same time. We are not a huge company with endless resources, we are doing the best we can to make things happen.

If we all work together we can make TimeTrax Recast a great product.

If you have ideas for future releases please feel free to open a support ticket and share your ideas with us. They will not go unheard. We will archive all requests and refer to them for future releases.

Thanks

Derek Serianni
TimeTrax Technical Support Manager

dserianni said:
We encourage you all to use the support ticket system for issues that arrise with the software rather than the forum.

OK...now I'm really confused.

Derik, You want us to open a support ticket for problems rather than discuss it here in the forum.

Scott, You have said (and I quote) "This forum is a SUPPORT FORUM, not a whine and bitch forum. Nor is it a TimeTrax Discussion forum. This is the reason off topic posts are being removed."

Can either (or both) of you please explain to us just what it is we are/are not supposed to be talking about in this forum?

I really don't want to be difficult, but I just don't understand.

Dan

I posted this on the other site, but for the benefit of everyone I will do a CTRL-V here.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dan,

Your comments are valid and you are not being a smart a$$.

The problem with the forums is that they are hard to maintain from a customer service and technical support standpoint now that we are a larger company.

When the contents of a support ticket is shared in the public eye it may lose the impact of what we are trying to do to help a particular customer. Especially if the ticket goes on with further testing/fixing/debugging etc. and that never gets posted.

I know a person like yourself would probably keep the thread up to date with what is going on .... but some might not.

To be honest with you..... the support forums were great when we were smaller and we let the pubic hash out issues and bugs. Now that we are a larger team it is hard for us to watch Sat Guys forum, this new forum , and our support tickets to stay on top of what is going on. The idea of the support forum has been one we have debated over back and forth. We like the idea of the forums... it helps us stay in contact with everyone and get the word out about stuff.....

We will make a decision in the next little while as to how we want to approach the forums and see what direction they will take.

Just give us some time... I am sure you would want us concentrating more on the software than on forums at this time.

We would ask that all support be done via the Support System... this helps us make new versions of the software better and stable. We are dealing with software that touches a lot of different components in a computer.

The hard part about what we do is that no two computers are identical.

Software loads, Hardware configs, Hardware makes, Driver versions, etc are often radically different from one computer to the next. If you can appreciate what we have to deal with on a day to day basis in debugging and error tracking I think you may be a bit more forgiving when we have issues with a release.

When we see the same bug with different people we may try something different with one user over another users. It may depend on technical knowledge, or sensitivity of the issue, or that the user has different hardware/software/drivers compared to another user.

I personally watch every ticket that comes in... but I don't have the time to go to every forum that is discussing our product to find "other" issues and try and deal with them. This makes it hard for us to track and put things in our roadmap for future releases.

We do our bug fixes from support tickets only because that is the place where our developers go to see what is going on.

Not only do our Technical Support people see the tickets, each one that deals with a hardware or software issue is also forwarded to our Developers. They use these tickets to produce the new versions.

We appreciate the fact that you guys are passionate about our product. That actually makes us feel good. However sometimes the critizism and speculation gets us down. Especially when we know more than you guys do with what is going on but are unable to comment for one reason or another.

We would love to tell all of you all the little details that are going on and what we are working on etc, but that just isn't feasible.

We ask that you all bear with us, work with us and not against us everything will be better.

Thanks

Derek
TimeTrax Technical Support Manager

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts