TiVo Sued: A Taste of Their Own Medicine

I think that Directv should sign an exclusive satellite agreement with TiVo and say screw you DISH.

NO DVR FOR YOU.

Why would D* sign an exclusive agreement with Tivo.

D* bought ReplayTV, owns the ReplayTV patents, and the cross-licensing between Tivo and ReplayTV.

Tivo would never sign an exclusive contract. Doing so would limit the number of houses they can be in. And that would not make financial sense for Tivo.

How did he make out in that distant network case?

He still got his way.

While Dish was unable to sell distant networks, Dish was able to lease a TP to AAD to sell distant networks.

The arrangement with AAD actually made it possible for people who could not legally sub to distant networks through Dish could legally get distant networks on Dish equipment through ADD.

I think that Directv should sign an exclusive satellite agreement with TiVo and say screw you DISH.

NO DVR FOR YOU.

You have no clue.

DirecTV already did, in the new agreement there is the option of the exclusive deal if DirecTV agrees to pay a much higher fee. The only problem is DirecTV does not appear to even want to pay the lower fee. They haven't said a word of the new TiVo since the initial announcement on 9/3/08.

There is no way any DVRs will be disabled, because Judge Folsom's current injunction actually contains a new "inform and approval" provision to give DISH the option of not disabling the DVRs, as long as they inform and later get approval of any design around.

DISH has already informed Judge Folsom of three new design around options, with patent experts' non-infringement opinions and all the technical data submitted. If the last design around analysis is any indication, you can estimate how long the next "approval" will take.

That is even to assume DISH totally loses this appeal. Don't blame DISH, blame the judge if you will.

After they are banned from selling DVR's because they infringe on TiVo.

:confused::confused:

Somebody best tell Dish, 'cause they are still selling plenty of DVRs. Especially the 612/622/722 and 722k, which are not mentioned in the injunction.

Tivo does not have "the" patent on the DVR, just a patent on one way of making a DVR.

How did he make out in that distant network case?
As DISH Network subscribers are able to get distants through another company, I'd say "surprisingly well".

In recent gubmint actions, it would appear that DNS will be returning to DISH Network proper.

You need to keep up or you'll look the fool.

As DISH Network subscribers are able to get distants through another company, I'd say "surprisingly well".

In recent gubmint actions, it would appear that DNS will be returning to DISH Network proper.

You need to keep up or you'll look the fool.

The new rules have not been passed yet. So who know how they will end up.

I'm sure that was not the result for DNS that was the most advantagous to DISH. And a lot of subs lost their DNS and could not get them back.

If MSFT actualy goes through with this. You could see MSFT lapping up the final death trawles of Tivo and buy it. MSFT has the cash to do basicly what ever they want. Building DVR software for hardware comanies could be very profitable for someone like MSFT who knows how to handle themselves, unlike Tivo.

Chuckles does not want to fight the battle with MSFT I can garentee you that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)