TNT HD full-page ad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mpar1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
There is a full-page ad in today's USA Today sports section. The ad is hyping that you will be able to watch the upcoming NBA all-star weekend on TNT HD on DirecTV.

I wonder how long it's gonna take my wife to remember Ch 75 rather than CH 245? Or even worse, she won't wanna change to a better picture b/c she can't tell the difference.

Chado said:
I wonder how long it's gonna take my wife to remember Ch 75 rather than CH 245? Or even worse, she won't wanna change to a better picture b/c she can't tell the difference.
Yea...reminds me how my wife will sit and watch the olympics on the std nbc while we have NBC-DT on Direct. It kills me. They just don't care.

I had to remove the SD locals from my guide when we got the HD locals OTA because my wife was driving me crazy watching the old SD ones.... Guess I'll do the same with TNT-HD.

And I thought I was the only one whose wife doesn't care about HD! She just watches the program for it's content and doesn't care that much about the picture quality although D*'s sd qualty is good on most channels on our 46" Sony HD/CRTRP but NOTHING like HD.

cartdan said:
I had to remove the SD locals from my guide when we got the HD locals OTA because my wife was driving me crazy watching the old SD ones.... Guess I'll do the same with TNT-HD.

That's hilarious. And a good idea to boot....

bigpro said:
That's hilarious. And a good idea to boot....

Same here. My in laws would do the same thing with ESPN. They would go after 206 and not the HD version. So now my guide removes any SD dupes as possible from the Receive section.

My wife loves HD. Any time I switch over to an SD version of an HD channel, she says, "Ugh, turn it back to HD!" :)

Anyone have any information on what Satellite this will be braodcast from? I really hope it is not 119 since my neighbor still has not cut his tree down.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

:)

I also have a wife that will watch shows in SD when they are also on HD, drives me nuts. Then she gets upset when I watch a show in HD instead of letting our SD TIVO record it and watching it latter.

Are the repeats of CSI on TNT? This is the only show she likes and it might be my chance to convert her!!

ChrisPC said:
My wife loves HD. Any time I switch over to an SD version of an HD channel, she says, "Ugh, turn it back to HD!" :)
well this is a day you should treat her extra special because man you have been blessed although i did over hear my wife tell her sister that the picture was much better but that she would never tell me that because i would want to buy more hd stuff as she puts it, well that was last year and im now up to 4 hdtv's LOL she still says she sees no difference but she doesnt know i already heard her LOL I WIN she doesnt ever have to say it out loud again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)