Top 10 Football Factories

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Watched this pretty interesting show that came on the NFL network about the top 10 colleges that historically produce the most NFL talent.

10. Tennessee
9. The MAC (how did a conference make the list?)
8. Syracuse
7. Penn State
6. Alabama
5. Michigan
4. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
2. Miami
1. USC

teamlazyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 28, 2007
Arab, AL
sadly for Bama Fans that list is probably wrong, Bama hasn't turned out much in the last few years of scholarship reductions, Auburn has probably put more in the NFL as of late. Now if that's HISTORICALLY it may be right

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
The MAC conference is suprisingly well represented in the NFL. Big Ben in Pittsburgh being the most recent high-profile one. As for why it made the list, who knows.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
sadly for Bama Fans that list is probably wrong, Bama hasn't turned out much in the last few years of scholarship reductions, Auburn has probably put more in the NFL as of late. Now if that's HISTORICALLY it may be right

I have to agree. Over the last 20 years or so , Bama has not been even close to the top 10 in this category.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
I have to agree with putting the Mac on there...I think they turn out alot of great athletes (basketball and football), and to be honest they arent really on the "national" radar.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
The MAC conference is suprisingly well represented in the NFL. Big Ben in Pittsburgh being the most recent high-profile one. As for why it made the list, who knows.

The MAC has been good for the NFL, many quality QBs' receintly , WR's as well, linemen, usually a few every year. :)

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I found this interesting :

NFL database
Where the players come from in every draft since 1988....by high school, college and conference.

Colleges sending most players to NFL
School Players
Miami (Fla.) 136
Florida State 125
Tennessee 120
Ohio State 116
Notre Dame 115
Nebraska 112
Florida 107
USC 99
Penn State 95
Michigan 91

States sending most players to NFL
State Players
California 699
Texas 568
Florida 541
Georgia 281
Ohio 231
Louisiana 225
Pennsylvania 171
Virginia 165
Alabama 164
North Carolina 160

Ohio State Buckeyes football and basketball news for Buckeye Fans Only

Jimbo

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Watched this pretty interesting show that came on the NFL network about the top 10 colleges that historically produce the most NFL talent.

10. Tennessee
9. The MAC (how did a conference make the list?)
8. Syracuse
7. Penn State
6. Alabama
5. Michigan
4. Ohio State
3. Notre Dame
2. Miami
1. USC

Well the OP DID say historically.

Recently, the barn has done very well, honestly (as an Alabama fan) I would rather auburn win every game they play until they play us (which hasnt turned out so well for me lately:(). What fun is there in beating your rival if they suck?

We are getting there though, the Tide is turning!!!!!:D

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Jimbo - That is interesting. Glad to see my Vols up there. Fulmer is not one of the best coaches out there, but he he a hell of a recruiter and runs a system that presents itself well to the NFL teams.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Just goes to show you how much The "U" produces pros.....for 14 straight years, The U has had a player picked in the 1st round...I would have to check but I think no other school has that kind of streak.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)