Tornados Hit Moore, OKC, Oklahoma, once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
June can't get here soon enough. I just watched a small tornado funnel cloud touch down around a mile from my house. I had 65-70 MPH straight line winds pass thru. I went outside 10 mins after it passed and watched the clouds swirling around form a funnel and drop to the ground. Tornado sirens went off 4 times. Appears to be some damage between Broken Arrow and Coweta as emergency vehicles are heading by my neighborhood that way.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Here is a local link to photo's from what we had last night here in Broken Arrow. Looks like this evening and tonight is setting up for more. Temps are in the low to mid 80's with high humidity at 95% just baking at the right temps to stir things up this evening. Cool front moving in late tonight and tomorrow, that is supposed to push all this moisture back out to the southeast.

http://www.kjrh.com/gallery/news/news_photo_gallery/photos-oklahoma-storms----may-30

NOVA on PBS last Wednesday had a special edition about the Moore EF5 tornado. At one point they superimposed some interesting graphics which showed how the wind currents come up over the Rockies, decend, and interact with the warm, moist air currents coming up from the Gulf of Mexico. The intersecting currents are at an almost-perfect perpendicular angle which yields the formation of rotating supercell thunderstorms and tornadoes.

I watched that, it was pretty interesting and what everyone has been saying around here for years.

Its happening again tonight. They have shut down I-40 west of OKC with a tornado on the ground between El Reno and Yukon moving into OKC. We have one northwest of Tulsa also moving towards the Tulsa area. Its going to be a long night the next 3-4 hours

I just watched a piece on CBS news. It shows a touchdown in Broken Arrow. I hope all is well OSU1991....

I just watched a piece on CBS news. It shows a touchdown in Broken Arrow. I hope all is well OSU1991....

Thanks!

That was last night. I watched the funnel cloud form about 2 miles from my house. The heavy rain and winds hit my house and when it passed I went outside to look for damage and saw it forming. It was an EF 2 with winds over 100mph. It tore off a lot of rooms to the east of me. I'm still about an hour outside of the current storms that are moving into Tulsa. OKC is getting hit hard currently and then there are storms to the NW of Tulsa moving my way.

Ugh the complaining about the rain the past days we have been having makes my complaining so minimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts