Toshiba goes Blu -- I guess it is over (joke)

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
CCL Computers - News

Toshiba 'leads standalone Blu-ray market'

Sony+Blu-ray+disc_1220_18438983_0_0_7001794_300.jpg
International electronics technology giant Toshiba has established itself as the leading manufacturer of stand-alone Blu-ray machines, according to a recent report on the state of the next-generation DVD industry.

Data compiled by the DisplaySearch company has found that when it comes to standalone Blu-ray machines, Toshiba is currently dominating the market and accounts for 64 per cent more worldwide sales than all of its competitors combined.

The research firm suggests that the strength of Toshiba's performance in the standalone Blu-ray sector in the first three-quarters of last year is attributable to its strategy of "aggressive pricing".

In terms of the wider next-generation DVD market, DisplaySearch reports that the bulk of the sector - around 89 per cent worldwide - is being accounted for by games-console hardware.

This places Sony in a leading position overall thanks to the incorporation of Blu-ray technology in the latest incarnation of the company's PlayStation console.

Earlier this month, Toshiba was among a host of prominent technology developers showcasing their latest offerings and innovations at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
justcopyright.gif

You have to love such good reporting. They even copyrighted their "oops!"

?

Maybe I'm tired or just mis-reading. Is there a deeper joke here that I am missing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)