Toshiba HD-A2 now at Circuit City!

Dan, I have that exact receiver, decent little one especially for the price I got it for a couple months ago (CC was apparently sick of the silver model).

hi, had a onky before this, thought it was nice! but no hdmi! so even less then 2 years old i had to buy a new one!i dont know if i want to know this, but what did u pay for it?? me...$475.00

not with the 2... had to pay $75

Ouch
My son bought the player at Best Buy but he went to Walmart for an HDMI cable and paid $28 I ordered 2 longer ones from CablesForLess for about the same. He just couldnt wait for the ups delivery to watch the dvd's We watched Serenity last night. I am still holding out for our main home theater because I cant make up my mind.

darn!! never thought about that, i was there....... thanks for making me feel worse! lol, just kidding. i did not want to wait either, but since i had to get a new recevier and could not get it set up right, had to pay CC extra $ for them to come out and set it up. will be here friday 2 to 4. so i have yet to see my hd dvd

darn!! never thought about that, i was there....... thanks for making me feel worse! lol, just kidding. i did not want to wait either, but since i had to get a new recevier and could not get it set up right, had to pay CC extra $ for them to come out and set it up. will be here friday 2 to 4. so i have yet to see my hd dvd

That's terrible! Can't get to play with the new toy for almost a week! :)

hi, had a onky before this, thought it was nice! but no hdmi! so even less then 2 years old i had to buy a new one!i dont know if i want to know this, but what did u pay for it?? me...$475.00

Yeah, you probably don't wanna know what I paid. Only the silver model was marked down not the black model (I wanted silver anyways). I got it for $284 including taxes, new in box. No explanation why it was marked down either. Sales rep had no info, but I couldn't pass that up and I too was looking for some HDMI switching capable receivers.

yeah, my onky's have all been quite warm. Sounds like you got a good deal on the RR there dan. :) Make sure you go to geico for insurance though. :)

AAAAAHHHHGGGGGGG!!!! WHY DO THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE STUPID!!
had circut city out...fire dogs they call the ht setup unit. said we will take care of it. i was working in garage. 1/2 hr latter they say they are done. i take a look and the first thing i notice is one the the $75 hdmi cables i bought is on the tabel, not hooked up! whats up??? well they hooked the hdmi from the hddvd straight to the tv and then hooked the hddvd to the new recevier i just spent to much for via the ? optical input for the sound. they say i did not need a recevier with hdmi. the two ports for it are unused. they said if i hooked it up like it is in the hddvd manuali would not get the best picture.the manual says to hook hdmi cable to tv input from reciver output. then recevier(onkyo) input to hd dvd output. cc said run direct whenever you can. so, what do u guys think??? if i did not explain something right let me know. i do want your thoughts if you would be so kind. i know next to nothing about this. thanks dan

oh, while im rageing.... i had my windshield replaced today at a cost of $275. gee i could have bought another onkyo i dont need other then the place i bought it where it cost $200 more!

well at least i did a sneak peak of the hd dvd and it looks and sounds great ,termanatior3. guess who will be drinking and watching his tv tonight!!!

Last edited:
any thoughts on above post....the set up??

No decent A/V receiver will "degrade" the video signal from HDMI. You will not get the new HD DVD audio formats (TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus), only DTS. Digital Optical does not have the bandwith to support the new HD audio formats.

So, I would connect the HDMI output to your Onyko, and then to the TV.

Have a Happy HD DVD New Year! :D

thank you guys, i thought the set up guys were being lazy. i tried doing that myself but could not get it right. i think i messed up with the onkyo setup. will re read tomorrow. i knew you guys would know more then CC. god!! what ever happen to customer service. had problems with my internet hookup too, hello india!!! thanks again, will give it another try

Just a simple question. Are the 5.1 analog outputs gone from the back of the HDA2 player?

Just a simple question. Are the 5.1 analog outputs gone from the back of the HDA2 player?

Yep, and the digital coax is gone as well. Just HDMI (1.2a, I believe) and digital optical. I believe the XA2 will still have 5.1 analog.

That's why I'm sticking with my XA1 - the 5.1 analog outputs work just fine for my 4+ year old Sony :)eek: ) A/V receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)