Trading for a channel that's not available?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shroomysoup

Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
I have a really old DirecTV package, Select Choice. I don't have the Sci-Fi channel and I was wondering if there was any way to get just this one channel. Will they let me trade a channel so I can get access to it?

The contract with D* that changed back in 2003 had Sci-Fi, TNN (Spike TV) and Trio (defunct) out of Select Choice. You may be able to go to Total Choice Select for $39.99, but if you do anything to take Select Choice away, you will lose that package FOREVER. I dont know if Sci-Fi is in TC Select, but I know for a fact that it is in Total Choice.

You cannot change you package without losing that grandfatered package permanently. If you want Sci-Fi you must move to a package that includes it.

I've got Select Choice too, and I've run into the same problem. I'd like to get Sci-Fi for me and Animal Planet for the kids. To upgrade to Total Choice would cost about $13 more a month so I'm staying with Select until they boot me off. One other bad thing about Select Choice is that they don't always give you those free preview weekends. But,... for the cheap package price, I really can't complain.

Seems like "a la carte" pricing was an idea that was floating around last year but I haven't heard anymore about that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.