Tried for AMC-3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Tried to find PBS stuff on AMC-3 so I could see the Hendrix special.
All I got was Arabic stuff.
I even tried a manual scan on 12179 but I get nothing
Are there any other PBS locations ?

12179 V 30000 is the PBS mux (need AC-3 decoder)
12145 H 4340 (Montana PBS)

is your dish maybe just off a little bit? They can be tough to get with a 30" dish (especially in a northern location) but it can be done

10 ft mesh
gets KU just fine on K3
and C band on W3(4dtv)

I dont know what it is about the co rotor.
Using the DSR 920 as the master and the CS 6100 as a slave
for the co rotor but the CS6100 is the LNB power(LNB cabling not attached to the Ku port on DSR-920,just to the CS 6100).
So maybe its a polarity thing??
Oh and DUH on the W4-16
I was so wrapped up in trying to find a"new" Ku feed that I forgot about that.
Went to W4 and the channel was already set on 16.
So I missed it last night because I was too busy experimenting.Some analog feeds still out there.
Thanks Iceberg.

Does anyone else seem to get wild flucuations in signal on AMC3. I was getting it just fine durning the day, then at night, nothing?

I was watching Montana PBS just last night without any issues. Signal quality was in the 60's on my 31" dish. I've got Montana PBS tuned in right now and picture looks fine. I can't check signal quality at the moment because I'm recording some Sesame Street to burn on to DVD.. I can check an hour from now though.

Does anyone else seem to get wild flucuations in signal on AMC3. I was getting it just fine durning the day, then at night, nothing?

yep. I get low signal readings some times and then 75 later on. I'm not as far north as you (44.8) but the AMC3 bird is really weird. Guess I need a bigger dish

Tried to find PBS stuff on AMC-3 so I could see the Hendrix special.
All I got was Arabic stuff.
I even tried a manual scan on 12179 but I get nothing
Are there any other PBS locations ?

I have the exact same thing going on . I can't get any signal on PBS but, I can pull in that MTA mux of arabic channels if I play with the skew. I thought it was just me. I used to get 70 + signal quality on the PBS channel. I'm near Chicago also. I have a 10 ft dish as well

Since I live in Montana, I had to get at least a 36" dish. You need a Noise Figure 0.3dB that has to be on your LNB. The signal comes out of Bozeman, MT. It is surrounded by mountains and there are a lot of storms and clouds there. The state of Montana gave MT PBS $400,000 to pay for the satellite transponder for this current 2 year period.

A CoRotor is best if powered by the DSR 920 vs. an FTA receiver, since it does not change voltage. It's a constant 18v vs. 13v / 17v from FTA box.

Montana pbs is an odd one for sure, sometimes I can't get it at all, other times I get it on 12145, then sometimes I can only tune it on 12144, I figured the lnb was drifting a bit, but then again, it only seems to do it on that one channel.

I'm puzzled as to why I can receive the arabic MTA mux with 67-72 quality and Zero on any PBS, Montana or the HD channel. :confused:

Boomer- I'm near Chicago too, and only getting a Q53 on AMC3 PBS.
There was a Race feed there a few weeks back that was much higher.
Also using 10' BUD.

A CoRotor is best if powered by the DSR 920 vs. an FTA receiver, since it does not change voltage. It's a constant 18v vs. 13v / 17v from FTA box.

Ku LNB is powered by the CoolSat

C band LNB and co rotor is powered by the Motorola.
So I need to leave the Motorola on if Im going to switch
polarity.

I didn't word that the best.
Before switching from a CoRotor II w/ Cal Amp and NorSat LNB to a BSC-621, I had much better performance if the LNBs were powered by the 920 vs. and FTA Receiver.
Just and idea to try.

Really not an option at this time.
I have only 2 coaxs going to the dish and both receivers arent in the same place.
when I can get another coax installed to the dish Ill power the Ku LNB thru a spitter
and a DC block.

Last edited:
Boomer- I'm near Chicago too, and only getting a Q53 on AMC3 PBS.
There was a Race feed there a few weeks back that was much higher.
Also using 10' BUD.

Just tried and can't even raise a signal on PBS. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts