Triple Play offer from CVC (DVR fee is waived for a year)

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Just received a promo from CV yesterday. Optimum Online (internet), VOIP, & Silver Package IO for $99.99/mth for an entire year. This includes a DVR and DVR fee is waived.

To qualify you must be a current or recent DBS subscriber. A DBS bill will be required upon installation. Installation is free and offer expires 7/31/05.

Sean Mota said:
To qualify you must be a current or recent DBS subscriber. A DBS bill will be required upon installation. Installation is free and offer expires 7/31/05.

yes you have to show you have had dbs service withing the past 90days, also if you have a contract and fax them a copy of your last statement when you get it showing a disconnect charge, you will get up to $200 back that applies to tv and dsl.

GadgetRick said:
Bummer! If I'd only waiting another couple of months to switch.... ;)

The Rickster
I did the same thing and will be calling them soon to put me on the new deal, and give them the old disconnect speech if they don't budge. ;)

GadgetRick said:
Bummer! If I'd only waiting another couple of months to switch.... ;)

The Rickster

I do not know why they did not make this available right after VOOM DBS went down. At least here in NY area were CVC is served, they could have gained subscribers. It is a good deal.

IT was the "win back" a csr had to tell you,maybe you can ptch a bitch to them

I got this offer yesterday,on a flyer hanging on my front door knob. They must be driving around looking for dishes. I'm going to stay with D at least for now. I want to wait to see what's going to happen with Verizon's FIOS. It's supposed to go live here in OCT.

rockaway1836 said:
I got this offe yesterdayr,on a flyer hanging on my front door knob. They must be driving around looking for dishes. I'm going to stay with D at least for now. I want to wait to see what's going to happen with Verizon's FIOS. It's supposed to go live here in OCT.

hey theres no contract with cablevision, you can get this package then when fios comes out cancel and just return the equipment.

Thanks, I know. But not only am I heavily invested with D equipment (2 HD 5 SD receivers) I don't think I could afford the rental fees for Cable Vision equipment. I have about 15 TVs and 3 PCs. Using RF remotes and receivers I am able to slave out about half of my TVs. I don't think I would be able to do that with Cable. Besides I have been with D for over 10 years and all the big changes are just around the corner. I think in the long run Verizon may be the only company that may have a real chance at keeping up with them and, may indeed be able to pass them for TV service. When it comes to the internet service, from what I have been reading Verizon is just going to blow by everyone. Only time will tell though.

Is Cablevision offering DVR in all areas? I could not find any information on it on their website.

rockaway1836 said:
Thanks, I know. But not only am I heavily invested with D equipment (2 HD 5 SD receivers) I don't think I could afford the rental fees for Cable Vision equipment. I have about 15 TVs and 3 PCs. Using RF remotes and receivers I am able to slave out about half of my TVs. I don't think I would be able to do that with Cable. Besides I have been with D for over 10 years and all the big changes are just around the corner. I think in the long run Verizon may be the only company that may have a real chance at keeping up with them and, may indeed be able to pass them for TV service. When it comes to the internet service, from what I have been reading Verizon is just going to blow by everyone. Only time will tell though.

dont be to sure about the internet cablevision is starting testing at the end of this month to increase ool speeds to 20down and 2 up.

Thanks again, that's good to know. I think we are seeing competition pushing the market here. I don't think Cablevision would be looking to increase service if they wern't worried about Verizon. I was reading in another thread on this board that power companies are now looking to get into the act. The more choices we have the better off we will be as consumers.........Rich

I'm not gonna pitch a fit for the $10 a month my dvr is costing me. Not worth the hassle.

So far been VERY pleased with my CV service....

The Rickster

The previous triple play offer was $29.95 for each service making the total $89.85 a month without the DVR. The current offer is $99.99 a month for all three and the DVR service is free. All CV did was up the cost of each service by about $3+ to cover the DVR service. So you may not see the DVR fee on your bill but its built in to the offer. Free? Not really...

But still a tempting offer to get HD DVR recording...

Just to put the offer into perspective, here is the pricing if you don't have the triple.

Family Cable 48.20
iO Package 9.95
OOL 44.95
OV 34.95
DVR 9.95
Grand Total $148.00

Once your triple play promo runs out, you can ask for the "Rewards program" and save $20 off of that $148.00.

Its a good deal, I'm glad I was able to get it for my parents. The Verizon threat is working in favor of the customer. We're getting more discounts and soon we'll get faster service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)