Triple Recording On 622

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
After activating my OTA I discovered the following. I can record 2 progams at once off DISH via 1 & 2. I knew that. But what I didn't know is that I can also record a 3rd program on an OTA channel at the same time. This gives me 3 recordings at once when an OTA channel is involved. I guess the rest of you may know this but I had not read about it anywhere. Anyway, what a deal! That means I can record Rugby today on 406, Baseball on 139 and the NFL on my local CBS 2.1 OTA. Fantastic!:)

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
This is a great feature too ... I use it quite extensively now that the fall season has started back up.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
You lime many of us---including me----have confused TV1 and 2 with satellite tuners 1 and 2. It is very easy to do.

haertig

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 21, 2004
You should call Dish and tell them that!

I actually used this question to identify which CSR's I should work with, and which I would abandon when playing CSR roulette. I would ask, "What is the maximum number of HD broadcasts I can record simultaneously on a 722 using all available satellite tuners and OTA tuners?"

Most CSR's - and I kid you not - said ONE! Not even two, certainly not three. The correct answer is three, as you know. I found that out here of course ... not from Dish.

Cyclone

Proud Stiff Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Maryland
I often end up with 3 at a time on Thursday evenings. I noticed that it had a "1" next to each of the two sat tuners. I would have expected a 1 and a 2 indicating Sat tuner1 and Sat Tuner 2. Not sure what those mean now.

I do have my box in Single mode, so perhaps its just TV1 repeated twice.

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
I run in dual mode, and I get a "1" and a "2", then for the OTA recording, I get a yellow antenna icon.

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
I often end up with 3 at a time on Thursday evenings. I noticed that it had a "1" next to each of the two sat tuners. I would have expected a 1 and a 2 indicating Sat tuner1 and Sat Tuner 2. Not sure what those mean now.

I do have my box in Single mode, so perhaps its just TV1 repeated twice.

The 622 always shows as 1 on both tuners once recording starts, never understood why that happens. OTA used to show as on tuner 1 but now shows with the antenna symbol.

Jolard

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2004
Give the guy a break, he just discovered this and is excited.

I know, I love this feature too. Thursday evenings in my household is when the DVR gets a workout. We are recording three HD feeds (2 sat, 1 OTA) and my wife is watching a recorded HD show at the same time. It amazes me it can keep up, but it always does just fine!

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2004
The sad thing is that on at least one weeknight, 3 recordings are not enough. We have to watch one show online. :(

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2006
The sad thing is that on at least one weeknight, 3 recordings are not enough. We have to watch one show online. :(

I have distant Nets and the Superstation package. I only have ABC OTA, but with 3 tuners, it guarantees that I could record every network show from all 5 networks if I choose to.

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I use this constantly. I just wish Dish would put the Austin HD locals on the birds. I have to choose which network show to record in HD on each of the 622's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts