Trouble with HDMI use with 211

BluBronco

SatelliteGuys Family
May 19, 2008
Caldwell, Idaho
I have had a 211 for a few years and have always used component. With my new TV (Panny TH50PZ8OU) I decided to utilize the extra HDMI port on the tv to connect my satellite reciever as I would like to do a 1080p VOD now and then. I hooked it up but get no signal from the HDMI port. I tested the tv port and also the HDMI cable and they both check out fine. I got on the Dish Network customer service chat and they were useless. He told me that it must be an incompatibility with the tv and that he would forward the info to engineering and that "maybe" they would do a firmware update to fix it. My thought is that if they were going to do that they would have done it ages ago. This TV is a 2008 model and the reciever is what, three or more years old? So basically I am sunk..........what should I do guys? I want to use HDMI...

There have been instances where you'd have to do a hard reset on the receiver to get the HDMI working on the TV. Press and hold the power button until the unit powers off. Wait until it turns itself back on in a minute or so.

I had same problem. I did everything I could think of but no luck. I went back to component on that unit(which I own!). Oh well... Paul

Old thread, I know but I'm having the same issue with a 211 installed right before Christmas. Worked fine up to yesterday, now the HDMI output is non-responsive. Since it's new and under warranty, guess I need to exchange (after I do a bit more debug to make sure it isn't the TV).

Doesn't work on either of the HDMI ports. Verified with a computer that the ports on the TV are fine. The Video Out of the 211 works OK, but the HDMI is definitely toast.

I have a tech coming out to take a look - they tried to charge me $95 for the visit, but I set them straight on that. :mad: I would have been fine with them just sending me another 211, but I guess that's not their standard procedure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)