True Grit

It might be ok but it's really tough to top the original. One of my favorite movies ever. My father loves this movie. The ending is so powerful. It's always a problem with a remake because you know generally what's going to happen.

Well I saw it, but I have not seen the original. I will probably now see the original to see how it compares. As a movie on its own it was very good. I am sure someone that has seen both will chime in and let us know how they compare.

The only disappointment was that it was filmed in TX and NM! A movie set in OK and they shoot it in adjacent states. Probably tax incentives or something. I waited to the end of the credits to see where it was shot.

Things I like better in both. Nothing beats John Wayne, although JB did a good job. Hailee Steinfeld rocked it.

S~

I place it one or two on my shortlist with Unforgiven currently #1 It was much more faithful to the original book, in otherwords more authentic. A great movie. John Wayne's only academy award was for the same role and Jeff Bridges should win as well.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)