Trying to avoid equipment rental fees

jmcnyc

Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
New York
I am looking at getting a basic comcast service and want to avoid paying equipment rental fees. I already have xfinity internet (25 mbps) and have a purchased modem so no rental fees. For me to upgrade my Internet and get basic TV service I can get the Blast package that includes 50 channels and 105Mbps for $94/month - month to month with no 2 year commit. (Want to wait and see what Apple TV has to offer and be free to move.)

My question is this - I have 4 TVs and this package provides support for one TV. Can I buy devices myself to connect my other TVs to this service? Does Comcast have to do anything to allow this?

Unless you want to buy Tivos and use cable cards the least expensive way is Comcast DTA Pace boxes, they are only 2.99 a month to rent and come both basic and with HDMI for HD channels, you will get all your channels you subscribe to, you just won't get on demand.

As far as your package goes, Blast with TV in my area is $59.00 a month ( plus box and fees), if you committed to a 2 year contract they will usually give you extreme at no extra charge, look at it this way Extreme105 by itself is now $109 a month, if you are committed to a contract you save money even if you don't use the TV service.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)