tv does not support HDCP

Stuff like this is the reason I've avoided HDMI on almost all receivers (used component) for the last 6 years. Only just now am I using HDMI on my HDTVs since it seems that HDCP is rearing it's ugly head. We can only expect more and more of this in the future. HDMI is great but the DRM is not only easily cracked but it's also broken and doesn't work right half of the time.

All I do when it happens is disconnect the hdmi from the tv and plug it back in. Fixes it for me.

3HaloODST said:
Stuff like this is the reason I've avoided HDMI on almost all receivers (used component) for the last 6 years. Only just now am I using HDMI on my HDTVs since it seems that HDCP is rearing it's ugly head. We can only expect more and more of this in the future. HDMI is great but the DRM is not only easily cracked but it's also broken and doesn't work right half of the time.

I think your right, I don't think it is a issue with my hardware, HDCP is flawed protocol that doesn't work right.. I wish the entertaiment industrie realized that DRM doesn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts