Two Breaking News Items

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Been a busy day here at SatelliteGuys.US!

A tip of the hat to our friends from Transmitter News who brings up the following breaking News Updates...

Court Of Appeals Rejects EchoStar Motion For Stay

and

EchoStar’s Response To Networks Emergency Motion Request

To read both of these please visit the following URL:
http://www.transmitternews.com/NewsWire/113006newsletterupd.cfm

Seperate.

Whats kind of funny if you read yesterdays press release from DirecTV it mentions the denial by the court of appeals, which didn't even happen until today. :)

BTW here is the text that was cut and paste from YESTERDAYS DirecTV Press Release...

The special offer follows a U.S. Federal Appeals Court ruling that found EchoStar, which sells the Dish Network satellite TV service, has been violating federal laws in its broadcast practices. As a result, the Court stripped EchoStar of the right to transmit distant network channels, which are NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox broadcast channels that originate from a market outside the community in which a subscriber lives. Last month a judge issued an injunction that will prevent EchoStar from offering the distant network channels after Dec. 1.

Scott's exactly right. The Transmitter would not run the press release because of the mis-information about the Court of Appeals decision. When we got the press release I called the clerk at the 11th Circuit, she had no idea where the information came from since even she had not saw a ruling at the time. Even the Associated Press was running the release.

Yeah Direct is feeling the crunch from Dish! Folks are getting more HDTV's and wanting more HD Content and Dish is the HD leader. Overall Dish seems to be more in tune with the customers and what people want to where Direct it falling behind. So right now anything would help them so down Dish due to Dish could be the satellite leader by this time next year. I had several friends drop Direct and they wished they came to Dish a long time ago.

I think the press release from DTV can be interpreted to mean the Appeals court decision months ago. The one that ordered the FL judge to issue the injunction. I don't think they mean the recent ruling from the appeals court.

Mitch

That could change next year with DirecTv's plans. DirecTv will then be the HD leader unless Dish has some things up their sleeves.

I couldn't beleive the offer I got in the mail today from Directv. Four rooms with free DVR or free HD upgrade installed free. I expected that. I did not expect to see free portable DVD player, $150 in programming credits ($10 a month for 15 months), Free Starz and showtime for a year, and I did not see the $5 charge for the locals either, and the DVR or HD package fee waived for 12 months. I never seen this advertised elsewhere with those extra's like that. They seem to be getting very aggressive now. I added this up to be around $750 in extra's in addition to the free setup.

That could change next year with DirecTv's plans. DirecTv will then be the HD leader unless Dish has some things up their sleeves.

I couldn't beleive the offer I got in the mail today from Directv. Four rooms with free DVR or free HD upgrade installed free. I expected that. I did not expect to see free portable DVD player, $150 in programming credits ($10 a month for 15 months), Free Starz and showtime for a year, and I did not see the $5 charge for the locals either, and the DVR or HD package fee waived for 12 months. I never seen this advertised elsewhere with those extra's like that. They seem to be getting very aggressive now. I added this up to be around $750 in extra's in addition to the free setup.
What's stopping you?

Having dealt with the court system before, if the lawyers meet with the judge (even in chambers) for a ruling, they would know the outcome prior to the written judgement being filed with the clerk of the court.

In many cases the judge will even have the attorneys compose the written judgement and submit to him - where he either combines the two - or uses one or the other, depending on a number of circumstances.

Knowing the outcome of a ruling prior to the official notice being filed with the clerk isn't anything new.

I would take them up on this Offer and add it to your present system. I have both Services and yes DISH presently is great with their PQ and VIP 622 DVR. See what happens next year and maybe you could then drop one of them. I use D* as a backup HD provider and record most SD on their modified Tivo DVR. I do use both services each day and find it a wise investment to enjoyment of my HT.

WOW that's some offer! I'd have a hard time turning that down. :)

In many cases the judge will even have the attorneys compose the written judgement and submit to him - where he either combines the two - or uses one or the other, depending on a number of circumstances.

For an example of this, look on page #20 of the pdf Scott posted of this Morning's Emergency Petition.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=737509&postcount=1

The order was already drafted by the Plantiff's lawyer so all a Judge would have to do is sign it if he ruled in their favor.

Thus, anyone that knew of the judges ruling would know what he was signing before it was filed as granted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts