U210 on H2

Troch77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
Southern PA
Got some new Software this morning on my H2s.
U210.
So far I see they took away the default "Grey" Guide option, and added the "HD" marking Back into the guide,with some added color coding.
(Blue HD, Gray SD, Purple VOD, Apps Red.)
And there is "Receiver History" in the diagnostics screen.

Mini Guide works finally.
I haven't had any giant black box issues exiting an app which is a good sign.

PTA sharing between still not available.
RSN guide glitch, still present.

Aside from these couple inconveniences I would say it seems quite a bit more stable.
Way more responsive.

And it didn't brick my Joeys like the H3 apparently has encountered according to a few reports.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
Also in the Schedule section, it now shows ptat shows that you have marked as "save" as separate scheduled recordings by ptat.

To me, this is just confusing as at first i thought it was going to use an additional tuner, but it shows "to be recorded by prime time anytime"

U210? My HWS has s/w version S530. HW UB09
You would only have U210 if you have 4K Joey or forced the New UI
c70b06324fe95a9481fea8ceda727636.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: navychop
You should have posted in the Carbon testing forum not this one.
If someone feels they need to move it, so be it.
But anyone with a H2 and 4K Joey this is the only software available.
So I'm not so sure this isn't okay where it is.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Actually, I have an H2 and Super Joey, and this loaded last night. I had U2017, yesterday. I just updated to the Carbon interface. This is certainly better. But, you have to sacrifice 30 minutes of the Guide to get larger text. A 2 hour window, on the Guide, is useless. The icons look better. The Classic guide interface looks OK, but DISH decided to keep yello for OTA, and you cannot see the channels with teh Classic interface. Modern seems OK, but still desire the ability to get a 3 hour guide window and get rid of the banner at the bottom.

Actually, I have an H2 and Super Joey, and this loaded last night. I had U2017, yesterday. I just updated to the Carbon interface. This is certainly better. But, you have to sacrifice 30 minutes of the Guide to get larger text. A 2 hour window, on the Guide, is useless. The icons look better. The Classic guide interface looks OK, but DISH decided to keep yello for OTA, and you cannot see the channels with teh Classic interface. Modern seems OK, but still desire the ability to get a 3 hour guide window and get rid of the banner at the bottom.
That's because you already had the carbon UI forced.
If you had S530 you wouldn't have gotten U210.

Unless you have a 4K Joey, in which case you wouldn't had S529 or S530 to begin with on your H2

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Stephen Henson
But it is a back door and it is not supported by Dish. You do it and it breaks, you bought it, so to speak...

That isn't really accurate. Dish will sell a 4K Joey to customers that also have a Hopper w/Sling and in this arrangement, the new UI is required. They simply have a manual method to get this update. More than one member here has returned Hoppers with the new UI and Dish has replaced it with no problem. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, a number of them has (2) Hoppers, which has shortcomings with the new UI. I have (1) Hopper so I'm unaffected by that issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts