U307 available for hopper 3

Well my H3 goes into standby when I turn my TV off. I'll play with it tonight. If it hasn't been updated I'll pull the plug and plug it back in
to see if that will start the update. Thanks for the info.
I just hit the power button on left of 52.0 remote and watch the screen saver screen for like less then 30 seconds and the download started.

Reactions: NR2D
That is strange! I'm still getting HD and stereo. :(

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Same here. I just tried to watch 4K on demand and it says I don't have enough bandwidth. I have plenty bandwidth. 200 Mbps down. I'm connected via hardware to the router. I have no issues steaming 4K content via wifi on my tv.

That is strange! I'm still getting HD and stereo. :(

After a lunch of very fine crow... :)
Couldn't get Netflix to work, so then I again went into the 4K VOD from Dish. No joy! Swapped HDMI cables around a bit, no joy.
So then I connected direct from the H3 to the TV. Voila` that was the fix. Oddly until this update, 4K VOD worked fine used it quite a bit in fact. But something in this update caused my AVR to not work with it even though I have it set it correctly according to the docs for bypass. And in bypass it should work fine.
Not a big deal, just need to reprogram my Harmony 1 for the changes.

Allen, my apologies. Even though there is no way you could actually know if 4K Netflix works, you were correct.

BTW, the crow was lightly sautéed

Couldn't get Netflix to work, so then I again went into the 4K VOD from Dish. No joy! Swapped HDMI cables around a bit, no joy.
So then I connected direct from the H3 to the TV. Voila` that was the fix. Oddly until this update, 4K VOD worked fine used it quite a bit in fact. But something in this update caused my AVR to not work with it even though I have it set it correctly according to the docs for bypass. And in bypass it should work fine.

Allen, my apologies. Even though there is no way you could actually know if 4K Netflix works, you were correct.

You guys and your audio equipment....
That's why I'm totally fine using a fiber optic cable from my receiver to my TV.
I don't care what sound limitations I encounter.
It still sounds great, it works with everything , and doesn't interfere with my Blu-ray player surround and all my components work correctly.
And the Bass still shakes the pictures off the wall.

I'll never run my HDMI through my Audio receiver.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: ralfyguy and TheLip

no problem i am here to help you guys out here on satguys trust me i understand what you are talking about i cannot do anything about internet speed unless frontier pony up some money to add more re bandwidth.

That's why I totally fine using a fiber optic cable from my receiver to my TV.
I don't care what soumd limitations I encounter.
It still sounds great, it works with everything , and doesn't interfere with my Blu-ray player surround and all my components work correctly.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
What kind of irritates me is that when I got the 4K TV I was originally going to take the H3 to the TV. But I was assured in other forums that my AVR was more than good enough and would pass everything if I set it to 'bypass' mode, which I did. And of course, since it worked initially, I had no reason to change things around.

no problem i am here to help you guys out here on satguys trust me i understand what you are talking about i cannot do anything about internet speed unless frontier pony up some money to add more re bandwidth.
Allen I doubt Frontier will ever have enough bandwidth unless you are in one of the old FIOS areas. I had them before and loved that it worked so well and they had no bandwidth caps, but the fastest they could get me was 12Mbps.

Switched to Cable modem and never looked back. If possible, you should too!

Reactions: Troch77
What kind of irritates me is that when I got the 4K TV I was originally going to take the H3 to the TV. But I was assured in other forums that my AVR was more than good enough and would pass everything if I set it to 'bypass' mode, which I did. And of course, since it worked initially, I had no reason to change things around.

Well Allen was correct, But as you said, he shouldn't really comment that it works, If in fact he really had no way to test it for sure.
He got lucky this time.

Atleast you researched and posted back, because it's obvious there can be issues that may need to be taken into account.

Thanks for reposting the update .

Now with that in mind, how does it look?
And stream?
What's your Internet speed?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Wonderful!! Oddly enough, the app itself comes up in 4K. Doesn't do that on the other platforms. Run the app, shows up in 1080, pick a 4K show, switches to 4K.

Internet speed : 100/10 paying for, getting about 120/20.

Wonderful!! Oddly enough, the app itself comes up in 4K. Doesn't do that on the other platforms. Run the app, shows up in 1080, pick a 4K show, switches to 4K.

Internet speed : 100/10 paying for, getting about 120/20.

How does it stream? Seem stable?
Can you FF without drama? Or slow response?
How about your Internet speed?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

How does it stream? Seem stable?
Can you FF without drama? Or slow response?
How about your Internet speed?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Mine is pretty stable, virtually anytime I run a speed test it is at its lowest 80Mbps, but that's pretty rare. Most times it is more than the tier level says it is.
FF is hit or miss on all streams in my experience so I've gotten out of the habit of even bothering with it. Netflix doesn't seem to support it or at least not on the H3. I'm watching Longmire 4K right now.

Reactions: Troch77
I am guessing that Netflix is using HDCP 2.2 while the DISH VOD stuff is only 2.0 which is why 4K worked before. Seems as though your AVR is not 2.2 compatible.

I have one more at Home satellite dish test I'm doing, After my last test is complete, I'm going to Upgrade to the H3, Because the New 204 software is Terrible on the Hopper 2s.

I'm building a 1000.5 dish with a EA2 LNB.
I need one more part., But it won't be here till next week..

Then I'll be ready.
It's going to look Factory made.
And if it's a success, I'll order the Hybrid LNB and Hub.
But I'm buying the H3.
But Netflix in general is a must in my house. And it needs to be reliable on the H3 and clients.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That's why I'm totally fine using a fiber optic cable from my receiver to my TV.
I don't care what sound limitations I encounter.

I'll never run my HDMI through my Audio receiver.
Why not? If you want the best sound you should use HDMI. What is the downside?

I once used optical cable because I had no choice, it was an old receiver without HDMI inputs.