Umm am i doing something wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Need to move the dish 67 degrees to the west and 25+ degrees higher to get to 97deg from 30 deg W satellite. Havn't read through all the posts, sounds like you are on the east coast or close to it if you have found 30W by accident! What is your longitude? Maybe try for the highest satellite from your location; one positioned close to your longitudinal location, that way you can find it by pointing south and panning up and down a bit to lock it.

Elevation: 39.9°
Azimuth (true): 206.8°
Azimuth (magn.): 216.7°
LNB Skew [?]: 20.1°
arrow-r.png

should i go by True or the Magn for the azimuth? to hit 97.0w g19?

im just going by what dishpointer is saying for everything, but for the green line ... yeah depending on the angel you look at it it looks like 4 totaly diffrent spots so im trying to go by compass
and yes i am on the east coast, im actualy about 40 -50 miles from pittsburgh

the hispan channel is coming in at 12182 /H 21990 - on my box i scan at 11965 /21996 H and 11927 / 21996 V, but i set them for 12115 V 22425 or 12152 H 20000... and the box changes them after each scan.

the info i got Hispasat 1 (europe) 30.0 W, Hispasat 1e (american) 90.0w, hotbird 13.0 E, galaxy 19 97.0w Intelsat 58.0W and telstar 12 15.0E. that is all being brodcasted from the hispan channel at the bottom ... so i dunno lol

Based on your location, 97w satellite was almost perfectly aligned with the sun position today at approximately 1:30 pm. Right now (3pm) the sun is at approximately 240w and 33 degrees elevation for your location. The dish needs to be panned east and slightly raised from the sun's current position to hit 97w satellite.

Use an app like "Mr. Sun" or any other online sun position calculator to enter your exact coordinates and be provided the sun position, time of day based on any date.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: KE4EST
sadly , its an overcast kinda gloomy day here and i just went outside and i cant see any sign of the sun =/

No need for sun, aim at that white pole in the ground, whatever that is.

There is only one green overlay on Dishpointer for 97w. By dragging the pointer to the exact dish install location, the Green line will point exactly to a landmark that aligns with the 97w satellite.
Here are your coordinates plotted on Dishpointer.

40.2151_-79.9472.jpg

Based on the shadows for the Google Map photo, I would guess the satellite snapped the shot at 10am. LOL!!! :D

ok that is my location and that white pole is a telephone pole, so you think aim at that ? acording tot he compass that pole is like 239 degrees ... dishpointer says 206 to 216 degrees . this is why im like umm ok ... i allso have an app called satelight AR and it says g19 is more to the west of that pole ... and this is why im like umm a wait or is it ummm aaaa AURG ! LOL

Is the Green pointer in the above screen capture pointed at the EXACT position of the dish mount? If not, drag the pointer to the Exact position of the dish and the green line will show the EXACT aiming to Galaxy 19 satellite. The green line should align with a compass reading of 206 unless there is some magnetic interference.

No need to overthink the information... as that is what often makes a simple install so difficult! I would trust the Dishpointer/Google Map overlay before a phone app or compass that might have magnetic interference. The great news? next time you aim a dish, it will be a breeze! :D

its only slightly off of where the dish is, i just put out my ladder to go to the dish and got the box, im going to go recheck the compass on the ground , but according to the compass 206 is about the center of that barn to the right of the pole so i got an area idea of where to aim for the most part. so should i go by the degrees on the mast or the degrees by the clinometer you think? like i said in an earlyer post the clineometer is higer position for 39.9 than the mast pole. going of the arm to the lnb and adjusting for the angel of it. ... i think ill kinda try inbetween the two what harm can it do ... get nothing or prob get nothing is still nothing ! lol

i do tend to overthink things at times XD i got to use the KISS method ... Keep It Simple Stupid !

Your dish is an offset design. So, there is no place to place the inclinometer to display the correct elevation reading unless you know the degrees of offset.

What brand and model dish are you using? The offset spec maybe published or known by a member. With that information, you could mount the inclinometer on the vertical axis of the dish with a straight edge and subtract the offset.

As long as the post that you're mounting on is perfectly plumb, the elevation scale is usually close. But some models it is way off.

Unfortunately there aren't any specifications on the eBay listing. Maybe some specifications were listed on your installation sheet provided with the dish?

The dish looks generic and might be a 26° offset from AzureShine. Without the specifications we just don't know. It's probably best that you just use the scale until you can figure out what the offset is.

I swear, most of these eBay sellers don't have a clue what they're selling and honestly don't care. Set a lot of hobbyists and newbies up for failure and disappointment!

We got your back!

i was looking for the paper that it came with but ... yeah so far i cant find it, im going to go on the roof and mess with the info i got, wort that can happen is more nothing and ill end up on the same sat that im allready on, and you guys have been great and so helpfull ! i already owe yall a beer ! lol

Reactions: Titanium
wow what can i say, hours again and i never found g19, i found other sats i aimed right on the line that dish pointer game me, i got a sat with payed channels, and a few others like Encoder 1, N1-4 , becon sat , Raycon Sports, and wright patterson AFB ($), moving to the west very very slowly i found all the same channels and some added to that like NEON, Mtvg 20HDX 39082 , and Metro sports, then more west to that i hit a sat with 11 channels, some of them were CCTV 4,F,and E, and CCTV 9 documentary.... so question, any one have any idea what im hitting and that im even in the right ball park? the 3rd sat was a good lil bit from the first sat. ... is there a sat with 215 channels that has mostly arib channels? cause thats that one im one ,,, im asking cause is it maybe im actually on g19 and maybe my transducers are wrong so im only getting half the channels?? cause it seems strange i hit one with 215 chs all the rest have 1-11 chs. i dont know... i even just did total blind scans no satfinder beeps and no quality signals and found sats as well ide move it slightly to the west, till i hit something, then tune in the max signal and strength, scan again to see if i got anything more .. then i would move it very slowly till the strength went to 0, then i knew i was off that sat and started looking for the next. i really dont get this !! i even found one that had like 4or 5 ABC news 1s on it and it said it was brodcasting on g17 / K16 , and g19 is close to 17, but still no gos. any help or ideas still wide open guys ! thanks again !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)