Unable to get Russia Today and El Jazeera English on Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DZ-Power

Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
MA, USA
I'm unable to get RT and EL Djazeera English.
I get all the other channels ( Syria TV, 2m Maroc etc..)
I have the Discq set up to Auto and the channel is 10750 and when I do a blind Scan it does not find those 2 channel under the transponder

Russia Today and Al Jazeera English are on transponder 12152, horizontal, 20000. Syria TV and M2 are on a different transponders. The dish may be out of alignment and the receiver is only picking up channels from stronger transponders, but not picking up this transponder.

In the installation menu, bring up transponder frequency 12152, horizontal polarity, symbol rate 20000 and observe the signal quality reading. If it is low, place a small TV visible at the dish and adjust the dish aiming and LNBF skew to optimize the quality reading.

Btw... Yesterday, 1/14/2013, this transponder was very weak due to uplink issues.

Last edited:
I get all the other channel from Galaxy 19 including RTPI or TRT etc.... it's that transponder for RT and El Djazeera that seems to not be working
I tried a PID Search and nothing happened
Did a Blind Scan and did get all the other channels.
the dish is mounted in the balcony and is stationary so i can't move it

2011-10-02_17-46-50_798.jpg

Please review post #2.

Adjusting dish aiming and LNBF skew does no involve relocating the dish. Just because channels come in from other transponders, doesn't mean that the dish is properly aimed.

What brand and model receiver?

Where are you located?

What is the LNBF skew (rotation)?

What is the signal quality reading on transponder 12177?

What is the signal quality reading on transponder 12152?

Your dish is a bit on the small side for many of the weaker transponders on this satellite. It requires the dish to be exactly aimed to receive a transponders. There is little margin for error with smaller dishes.

Whenever I can't get one or two transponders on Galaxy 19, it is almost always because the dish is just a hair off of the proper alignment. A slight adjustment at your dish with your portable TV and receiver will probably help you bring in those channels with ease :) Is it really difficult to get up to the dish?

I get all the other channel - -
Doesn't mean "AJE & RT should also come in"
Gotta know a lot more than "AJE & RT don't work, but the others do" to trouble shoot it.
Did it work before or is this a fresh install? Did someone else install it?
Describe what you've done so far. Describe the 'history' of the system.

Get into the tune up screen and watch the QUALITY reading on the frequencies listed by SatelliteAV. Position your TV so you can see the screen while at the dish. From the back of the dish, gently push on the dish (up down, left right) one at a time and hold for a few seconds. Does any of these tests increase the QUALITY reading? (don't loosen any nuts or bolts for this) Let us know what the results are.
Post #2 & #5 by SatelliteAV are very informative. (Freqs and channels)

Last edited:
attached are some picture i took .
so pretty much I get all the channels FTA and encrypted from Galaxy 19(25) except for the one from transponder 12152 H
tp 26
Strange??

Doesn't mean "AJE & RT should also come in"
Gotta know a lot more than "AJE & RT don't work, but the others do" to trouble shoot it.
Did it work before or is this a fresh install? Did someone else install it?
Describe what you've done so far. Describe the 'history' of the system.

Get into the tune up screen and watch the QUALITY reading on the frequencies listed by SatelliteAV. Position your TV so you can see the screen while at the dish. From the back of the dish, gently push on the dish (up down, left right) one at a time and hold for a few seconds. Does any of these tests increase the QUALITY reading? (don't loosen any nuts or bolts for this) Let us know what the results are.
Post #2 & #5 by SatelliteAV are very informative. (Freqs and channels)

I noticed that transponder to be a lot weaker than the others. I often miss RT and AlJazeera during scans. But I can get them. I'm told that the transponder is not weaker and I must have an issue with my stuff. But I've never effected a change to that signal. Now RT is HD on C-Band and I won't use the KU feed anymore.

No, it is not strange.

Follow our repeated suggestions to take a TV out to the dish and make small adjustments to the dish aiming and LNBF skew.

It sounds like you want an easier solution, but we don't believe this is related to any receiver setting.

Time to get out a ladder or hire a technician!

Get into the tune up screen and watch the QUALITY reading on 12152. Position your TV so you can see the screen while at the back of the dish. Gently, but firmly, push on the dish (up down, left right) one at a time and hold for a few seconds. Does any of these tests increase the QUALITY reading? (don't loosen any nuts or bolts for this)
If all directions lower the QUALITY reading it looks like a bigger dish is required.

Looks like the dish is bolted to a wooden fence.
Not the most stable platform, and possibly the source of your trouble.

Appears to be readily acccessable.

That transponder was the first to go when my dish was just a bit off. Alignment or obstruction...

renamed thread because G19 is the satellite at 97W

Also those numbers for quality look low which is why you are probably losing 12152 TP. I know for me I had to peak the dish on that to get it to be stable

12152 TP is a strong transponder on my setup on my 1 meter dish. When i use the slimline setup I had it about 45% Q you should get about 45 to 55 Q on your setup but take your time to get everything right but that TP is a strong transponder to get in. I watch it before I went to work coming in just fine at my house.

Dan Rose

Tuned up a 90cm dish on the warehouse roof today. The 12152 transponder was one of the stronger TPs here in northern California.

If the dish aiming is optimized for 11842 transponder, then other transponders like 12152 have pretty poor Signal Quality readings. It is all about balancing the Signal Quality readings between the transponders to have best results in receiving all channels on G19.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)