Under the Dome

Yep, they acknowledged the purely coincidental plot of the Simpsons movie the best way they can. Just say so.

And Big Jim confirmed he's been running a drug operation.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

Yep, they acknowledged the purely coincidental plot of the Simpsons movie the best way they can. Just say so.

And Big Jim confirmed he's been running a drug operation.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

I wonder how all that propane he has stacked up, works in the illegal drug operation?

I have not even started watching yet. Only see the last two episodes on CBS.COM available for streaming, no pilot, torrents I go I guess...

I wonder how all that propane he has stacked up, works in the illegal drug operation?
propane tanks are used to make crystal meth. Stephen King didn't know exactly how propane was used to make crystal meth, thought the propane itself was needed, not the tanks, so made a mistake in the book for the reason of the propane (the large amount of propane being there plays into the end of the novel).

I have not even started watching yet. Only see the last two episodes on CBS.COM available for streaming, no pilot, torrents I go I guess...
CBS is the worst network for getting into a new show when you've missed the first couple episodes and hear about it later. All the others at least put theirs onto Hulu, so you can get into them after hearing the buzz about them.

They are streamed on Amazon. I have watched them there so far. I do have Amazon prime and they were included in that so no added charge for me.

CBS is the worst network for getting into a new show when you've missed the first couple episodes and hear about it later. All the others at least put theirs onto Hulu, so you can get into them after hearing the buzz about them.

I am annoyed it is only on Amazon (although the fact it is on prime is nice) and not iTunes. But I just noticed you can get the Kindle or iBook e-book for $7.99. Well worth it if you want to read the story as it was originally intended.

propane tanks are used to make crystal meth. Stephen King didn't know exactly how propane was used to make crystal meth, thought the propane itself was needed, not the tanks, so made a mistake in the book for the reason of the propane (the large amount of propane being there plays into the end of the novel).

OH that makes sense. I didn't have a clue how they made meth ,just knew that it fracked you up if you used it for long time.

So your telling me Dean Norris has went from busting meth heads,to supplying them?

I saw this week's episode. It was ok, good enough to keep watching, but I wish I knew what the hell the producers were thinking, messing with the characters so much.

2rddijb.jpg

Luckily I had quite a bit of leftover bandwidth for the month.

Data Allowance Status Unthrottled

Anytime Data Allowance 10.0 GB
Anytime Data Refill Rate 10.0 GB
Anytime Data Allowance Remaining 3.0 GB (30%)
Bonus Bytes 10.0 GB
Bonus Bytes Remaining 5.0 GB (51%)

Allowance Resets in 3 days, 8 hr and 1 min
Regular Period Ends in 10 hr and 1 min

You can trust Rocky about the drugs.... He knows....... Damn Yankee.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If they don't start offering some hints as to who or what is behind the dome, I'll probably stop watching. It's just too random of a thing for me to buy into, and I just don't care enough about any of the characters to watch indefinitely a small town struggle to survive from being cut off from the rest of the world. I also find it odd that they don't show Big Jim (the town's self-appointed leader) communicating via written messages at the edge of the dome with government officials about what's going on and what they are trying to do to help them. Everyone both inside and outside is completely ignoring one another, and in real life that would never happen even if the government didn't know anything or want to say anything (i.e., tell the truth). There would still be close, regular communication, and they would also likely be letting people who have loved ones inside communicate that way as well. And if communications are being completely cut off by the powers that be outside the dome, the show should explain why, or at least have people inside complaining about it.

If they don't start offering some hints as to who or what is behind the dome, I'll probably stop watching. It's just too random of a thing for me to buy into, and I just don't care enough about any of the characters to watch indefinitely a small town struggle to survive from being cut off from the rest of the world. I also find it odd that they don't show Big Jim (the town's self-appointed leader) communicating via written messages at the edge of the dome with government officials about what's going on and what they are trying to do to help them. Everyone both inside and outside is completely ignoring one another, and in real life that would never happen even if the government didn't know anything or want to say anything (i.e., tell the truth). There would still be close, regular communication, and they would also likely be letting people who have loved ones inside communicate that way as well. And if communications are being completely cut off by the powers that be outside the dome, the show should explain why, or at least have people inside complaining about it.

Yet another reason why the book was such a better story. Early in the book they begin a search to figure out what the heck is going on. And Barbie was essential to that. Here, Barbie seems to have committed a crime, if I remember the first episode clearly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)