Under the Dome

Yet another reason why the book was such a better story. Early in the book they begin a search to figure out what the heck is going on. And Barbie was essential to that. Here, Barbie seems to have committed a crime, if I remember the first episode clearly.

Yes, it appeared that way when you saw him shoveling dirt on the husband of the woman he's currently staying with (can't remember her name) weather he killed him or not really isn't known.

They showed him killing him in a struggle. Then they showed that the gun was actually empty when he went back to find his Dogtags.

S~

This has been shown in repeated flashbacks and during the re-cap before the start of each episode. There really is no question that Barbie shot and killed Julia's husband. We just don't know what the altercation was about and who sent Barbie in to confront him.

This has been shown in repeated flashbacks and during the re-cap before the start of each episode. There really is no question that Barbie shot and killed Julia's husband. We just don't know what the altercation was about and who sent Barbie in to confront him.

That's what I thought -- and that is 100% in diametric opposition to the character Barbie in the book. Sad really, as his character was incredibly like-able. He was leaving town because he got into a fight with Junior and his cronies.

Each episode appears (with no real evidence to the contrary) to cover about a day. So Day 4 is meningitis. Online TV Guide promises outside communication in the following episode though.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

That's what I thought -- and that is 100% in diametric opposition to the character Barbie in the book. Sad really, as his character was incredibly like-able. He was leaving town because he got into a fight with Junior and his cronies.

Thats the way I took it too, just getting started in the book, but looked like Barbie was a regular in town and worked at the local restaurant, in the show it sounds like he just happened to arrive in town, from what I gathered.

He's actually made to seem likeable, or at least a "hero," in the show. Killing the guy was almost made to look to be in self-defense (during a struggle, at any rate, not a "hit").

I also find it odd that they don't show Big Jim (the town's self-appointed leader) communicating via written messages at the edge of the dome with government officials about what's going on and what they are trying to do to help them. Everyone both inside and outside is completely ignoring one another...
In one scene, I think it was with some of the teenagers, they tried to interact with the military guys on the other side but the military guys acted like they couldn't even see them. I don't mean that they simply did a really good job ignoring them, it was as if they were 100% "blind" to them.

In one scene, I think it was with some of the teenagers, they tried to interact with the military guys on the other side but the military guys acted like they couldn't even see them. I don't mean that they simply did a really good job ignoring them, it was as if they were 100% "blind" to them.

Yet another difference. Cell phones worked; the outside world was communicating from Day 1. :)

So .... Big Jim found Angie locked up in the cellar with water filling it up quickly .... does he rescue her or close the door and leave her there to drown/die ?

Also, how and the heck does the small town of Chester's Mill have electricity and running water? I doubt such a small city would have their own dedicated power and water treatment plants. They would almost certainly have their power grid, water and sewage lines severed by the dome.

Also, how and the heck does the small town of Chester's Mill have electricity and running water? I doubt such a small city would have their own dedicated power and water treatment plants. They would almost certainly have their power grid, water and sewage lines severed by the dome.

Running water for from the town's water tower. Most everyone lost power and had to use generators.

Running water for from the town's water tower. Most everyone lost power and had to use generators.

But I am betting that the sewer system is either cut in half or the whole town is using septic systems. Just imagine how the crap would quickly fill up the dome with no way out for the waste to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)