Universal comes through!!

Good list. 90% Combos! I wonder if they plan to stop releasing DVD catalog titles, and go exclusively HD Combo format?

I like the combo format (30/9 combo, that is), except for the price. If they can get all of their catalog releases at/under $20 street then I'm ok with the combo.

Either way, some good titles to look forward to, but no real big blockbusters (Jaws, BTTF, etc).

Maybe I'll hold out on my BR player for the time being...

-John

If they stopped making DVD's altogether and just produced the combos this might help the market but there are not alot of exciting titles in their list. Nothing that would drive someone to purchase a HD-DVD drive like King Kong did last year.

The Departed and Babel are two titles that will appeal to early adopters, and will be on HD DVD....

...and Blu-ray

That's because neither are Universal titles. Departed is Warner Brothers and Babel is Paramount.

Universal has some good titles coming out that they have announced. They also have some extremely awesome titles that have not been announced yet. They are slated for 100 releases this year. Rumor control that cannot be substatiated at this time, but a distributer said that Jurasic Park might be slated for the Second Half of 2007. I also heard that Paramount might have a surprise for the second half of 2007 (would be available for both formats).

S~

...and Blu-ray

That's because neither are Universal titles. Departed is Warner Brothers and Babel is Paramount.

Universal has some good titles coming out that they have announced. They also have some extremely awesome titles that have not been announced yet. They are slated for 100 releases this year. Rumor control that cannot be substatiated at this time, but a distributer said that Jurasic Park might be slated for the Second Half of 2007. I also heard that Paramount might have a surprise for the second half of 2007 (would be available for both formats).

S~

Well Bob said HD DVD and did not mention that it was BD as well, so I wanted to inform those that didn't realize that.

And, i personally didn't like Jurassic Park, but I bet it would look great and would rent it.

Now Back to the Future is a definite buy. I was thinking the other night about having that list of all the sports outcomes and how much money i would make lol.

Actually I heard Paramount might release Indiana Jones.

I've never seen it before. But I would def buy it on BD.

My friend gave me the DVD of The Gangs of New York tonight, and told me it was one of the best acted films and stories he had ever seen. This coming from someone who's fave movie is the Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption, two GREAT movies. Did you guys like this movie?

I've never seen it before. But I would def buy it on BD.

My friend gave me the DVD of The Gangs of New York tonight, and told me it was one of the best acted films and stories he had ever seen. This coming from someone who's fave movie is the Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption, two GREAT movies. Did you guys like this movie?

Gangs of New york is a good movie. Green Mile and Shawshank are truly outstanding.

S~

Universal doesn't come through.

Apology for our Contents List

The inclusion in the January 29 update of our "Coming Soon List" of three Steven Spielberg classics was an error on our part. The HD DVD Promotion Group expresses sincere apologies to Steven Spielberg, Universal Studios Home Entertainment and HD DVD fans for this mistake. We will endeavor to prevent any similar mistake and to provide accurate information.

http://www.hddvdprg.com/eng/list.html

Bummer! :(
Guess Spielberg doesn't want my money...

Actually Spielberg and his company Dreamworks has complete control over all his movies and what format they are released on. Perhaps Spielberg is waiting for there to be only one format to release his movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts