Universal comes through!!

Well Bob said HD DVD and did not mention that it was BD as well, so I wanted to inform those that didn't realize that.

And, i personally didn't like Jurassic Park, but I bet it would look great and would rent it.

Now Back to the Future is a definite buy. I was thinking the other night about having that list of all the sports outcomes and how much money i would make lol.

The Departed and Babel will be excellent barometers as to how the current market is faring..... Available on both formats, and NEW titles, not catalog. I like Backdraft as much as the next guy, but I'm not buying it again when I own it on DVD. Ditto for a bunch of other catalog releases. OK, I bought Under Siege, but only because my old LASERDISC rarely gets used nowadays....

The Departed and Babel will be excellent barometers as to how the current market is faring..... Available on both formats, and NEW titles, not catalog. I like Backdraft as much as the next guy, but I'm not buying it again when I own it on DVD. Ditto for a bunch of other catalog releases. OK, I bought Under Siege, but only because my old LASERDISC rarely gets used nowadays....

It would be a fair comparison of there were anything to buy on HD DVD besides the Departed and Babel. The Departed is the one and only HD DVD release on 2/13, there are a dozen newly released Blu-ray titles to choose from. Babel is the one and only HD DVD release on 2/20, while on Blu-ray it's competing with another blockbuster day and date, the Prestige.

if you havent seen the illusionist that is an amazing movie (has nothing to do with HD DVD or Bluray or anything, just thought I would throw that in there)

What's "The Prestige"?... I never heard of it....

Hmmm, this one slipped under my movie radar as well. Although the plot outline of "duelling magicians" wouldn't attract my attenion, IMDB gives it a 8.2/10 rating, and the lead actors Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale & Michael Cain are all top notch. I'll give the SD DVD a try through Netflix, as I not-so-patiently wait for BV/Disney to come to their senses and release in both formats and let their customers decide which is the better format. :hungry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)