Unsubscribed channels show in guide as bright white instead of dim......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
Hello. I've been on the phone with DirecTV, and checked settings, and reset boxes, and they have checked settings on their end, and **nobody** has ever been able to help me fix this issue.

The primary problem shows up on my HR-23 and HR-24 boxes, and bleeds over to my Android app as well.

In the guide, (there may be a few more) but, channels 525-542 are showing as bright white, as well as 558, 563 and 568 but, if I tune to these channels, I get the usual black screen and 721 message because we do not, nor have we ever had these channels, and the only time we have ever had 525-542 would have been as a free preview.

One of the primary issues this causes is if I search for a movie on my phone, and set it to record, and it ends up being on channel 530.....well, you know what happens.....

As stated above, DirecTV has checked all my box and dish settings, and has checked my account settings and can find nothing amiss.

Has anyone ever ran into this? How can I fix it?

Any help would be mucho greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

Hello glen4cindy,

What happens if you remove you android phone as an external device from the system? After you do that you should restart all of your devices and see if the problem still exists. Anything external to the DirecTV system could potentially cause problems.

Starz is on a free promo right now. You should be getting them. Try refreshing your boxes, although you probably already have.

Starz is on a free promo right now. You should be getting them. Try refreshing your boxes, although you probably already have.

Ok, that makes sense, they were all giving me a 721 when I posted this.....and the Android phone isn't connected right now....I just remembered, I bought a new phone, and have not downloaded and joined the app yet, so that isn't the issue.

Yeah those couple of hd extra channels have been lit for me as well for a while & I'm not subscribed. Subliminal advertising?

there used to be other random movie channels that were lit but that must have been recently fixed, either by me or them

Those channels are lit up because they are part of the Free Preview from what I can tell .... they are in bright white on my screen as well, but they do come in as well .... fwiw, I don't sub to them either.

Since I had directv, CWe (ch 394) has been white while the other DNS channels are gray. Last week, CWe turned gray like it should have always been.

283 NGW is white on my guide but not there when I click on it,sure would like to have that one but its in the next grade up .

I noticed the same thing when I downgraded to Choice from Xtra. There are still a smattering of channels from the higher package that are still white.. DIY, Science, Military, Style, some random Encores, etc. The receivers have been refreshed and reset a few times but they still show up. I just use the favorites list to get rid of them.

It's been 2 months since I re-signed with DTV and on two occassions had to reset Genie and the 2 clients as the clients screens would either freeze or every channel would be white. I notice too while changing channels too fast the box can't keep up and the headline has to go back to catch up with the channel.
Both times when the boxes froze the installer told me to reset all three which has done the trick. He tells me the Genies are new and still have bugs. Also on my one client while changing channels, the headline appears first, then a white screen then a black screen and then the channel itself appears. Weird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)