Update Pulled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
U151, U251, U351 and U451 are all carbon. If I am not mistaken W106 is the current for the Wireless Joey. This is also what mine is showing. I have a H2K that I own that I will be activating tonight and hooking up in place of my H/wS to see if the Joeys will revert. I will report back if it works!

Me too! Mom always said "The lazy man is the efficient man".
I did nothing and now have nothing to do still (except watch tv). No calls to a CSR. No tech visits. No Joey that won't work. I could go on but you guys are hurtin enough.

Go Pitt........or Den! Yay!

Reactions: keckge
Gave it a try and it did not download so I didn't try again I just drank some coffee in the morning and watched tv . Glad that's all I did .

My H2 reverted back but left carbon on the SJ.........my SJ was unusable till i did a reset......now I can watch tv but I cannot access the guide. Not a big deal....i plan to get the H3 anyway so it should work itself out then.

Well some possible good news...

I did hear from someone from DISH about this, and they are aware of the issue of most reverting back and know about the issues with the Joey's / Super Joeys. It is being looked into and hopefully we hear something more by the end of day on Tuesday. Remember Monday is a holiday.

I am pushing for DISH to release a later version of the software so that they can get some public feedback before they release it to all.

I will update things when I hear more. :)

I did hear from someone from DISH about this, and they are aware of the issue of most reverting back and know about the issues with the Joey's / Super Joeys. It is being looked into and hopefully we hear something more by the end of day on Tuesday. Remember Monday is a holiday.

I am pushing for DISH to release a later version of the software so that they can get some public feedback before they release it to all.

That is great news Scott! I will keep my fingers crossed.

Would be cool if they posted a newer version of the beta, but I would be happy with them pushing out some software to restore my SJ and Joey to working order. Thank you again Scott for doing all this and pushing for Dish to go along with this. I think it's great, even with the troubles that I'm having.

Geeze, what a incredible circle jerk this has become. Glad I was not "tempted" by the fruit of another (UI).

I did hear from someone from DISH about this, and they are aware of the issue of most reverting back and know about the issues with the Joey's / Super Joeys. It is being looked into and hopefully we hear something more by the end of day on Tuesday. :)

Would be cool if they posted a newer version of the beta, but I would be happy with them pushing out some software to restore my SJ and Joey to working order.

Tech didn't arrive until 4:30 by which time I was all over this here....saw all the Joey software on the "reverted" HWS began with a U and he agreed that the only sure fix was to do both the Hopper and SJ. SJ....a piece of cake to exchange, the Hopper.....?!. To pull the gosh darn NON-detachable power cord make a 10 minute job a 3 hour job.

We "rescheduled" for Tuesday. (by which time I hope they can get the "old" SJ software version DL'd to the Hopper and can cancel and forget about it............until January 28. :biggrin

I hope this "distraction" doesn't delay the scheduled Hopper 3 rollout. I also hope the weather cooperates since aiming an EA Dish 1000.2 in Lake-Effect snow showers while atop a 24-foot extension ladder sounds like hazard pay to me!

Reactions: stardust3

No thanks, I'll wait for the "real thing".....

I wonder why some are reverting and some are not.. Mine never reverted back. However I am also not seeing it reboot in the normal 1am to 2 am time slot either. So it's not even looking for an update in the middle of the night.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)