UPDATED - Dish drops WWE PPV changes mind Will Show Wrestlemania

I really like how they have a "live" feed with random shows and they'll have on like Best of Raw/Smackdown and I constantly see myself saying, "I don't remember that happening AT ALL!" You forget how much stuff changed over time and how storylines were. My best friend is a big wrestling fan (bigger than me) but often I'll be watching then text him random questions like "Hey, do you remember that one time Stephanie fought Brock Lesner?" and he thinks I'm making a joke.

Same here and yes I remember that and Agle coming to her aid before she would of got F-5 and I would be running like hell from Lesnar after seeing and meeting him he is a beast and I believe 1 of the strongest people in WWE and if real he would be 1 of the toughest to beatplus he lifts people like Big Show like it is nothing!! :) WWE Smackdown 9 11 2003 Brock Lesnar vs Stephanie Mcmahon FULL MATCH https://www.google.com/search?q=you...s+Brock+Lesnar&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official Send this to your friend!! :D ;) I hope they add this to the Smackdown shows soon on the WWE Network!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
..Actually he didn't. WM1 wasn't available on PPV. It was broadcast to various public places via CCTV. I believe 3 was the first to be broadcast, but that was a HUGE success and cemented WWF's dominance of the wrestling PPV market.

And as he has done many times in the past,he copied an idea from somewhere else.Crockett promotions came up with the idea in 1983,Starcade.It was a big success,of course Vince knows how to get the most out of production,so by 1985 Wrestlemania was an even bigger success.

And as he has done many times in the past,he copied an idea from somewhere else.Crockett promotions came up with the idea in 1983,Starcade.It was a big success,of course Vince knows how to get the most out of production,so by 1985 Wrestlemania was an even bigger success.
And later he forced Starcarde to change their PPV date after he forced providers to choose between Survivor Series or Starcade.

And later he forced Starcarde to change their PPV date after he forced providers to choose between Survivor Series or Starcade.

Yep I remember that well.Shrewd business man no doubt.Not exactly sure how this PPV exile from Dish will work out,but somehow I envision Vince coming out ahead.

BIG ABOUT FACE FOR DISH NETWORK AND WWE PPVS, STARTING WITH WRESTLEMANIA
I received a call this morning from someone at Dish Network who I had spoken with while covering the story a few weeks ago that Dish had dropped the Elimination Chamber PPV. I was told that going forward, they will continue to carry WWE PPVs on a case by case basis. The decision was made over the last 24 hours.They will officially be carrying Wrestlemania 30 next month.I was given the impression that Dish received a lot of negative feedback to dropping the PPVs and realized they were giving up a lot of money by doing so, so they made the decision to reverse their edict.Dish Network has changed their tune and will now be carrying WWE's WrestleMania XXX pay-per-view on channels 455 and 456 in HD and SD. They still say they will evaluate WWE pay-per-views on an event-to-event basis after WrestleMania. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84...-wwe-ppvs-starting-with-wrestlemania.html?p=1

Last edited:
That's good for those who don't have WWE Network... or those that do if WWE Network crashes (which I don't suspect will happen).

i thinking the reason why Dish agreed to carry WrestleMania at the last minute is because the WWE Network is still new and still could have issues with the live stream. recently people had issued with the stream during the live NXT Arrival special a month ago. and they are using WWE Main Event as a test to see if they have fixed all the issues with the overloading of the stream during the high traffic times of WWE Network's service which would be during a live WWE Network event like Main Event, WWE PPV or live broadcast of NXT.

i wonder if all the WWE fans who work for Dish occupied Dish Headquarters like Daniel Bryan did with trying to get his match against HHH at WrestleMania XXX where the winner will go on to face Batista and Randy Orton in a triple threat match later that evening .

I'm glad this was just a phase with my 2 boys. WWE PPV events were getting expensive. Neither one cares for WWE these days.

i thinking the reason why Dish agreed to carry WrestleMania at the last minute is because the WWE Network is still new and still could have issues with the live stream.
But how many would shell out the $60 to buy the PPV if they had the WWE Network. Live or not, WM 30 would be available soon enough. Dish probably figured free money is good money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)