UPDATED - Dish drops WWE PPV changes mind Will Show Wrestlemania

Charlie is pretty much saying suck it Vince.I mean come on,it's not like it's costing Dish much if anything to air a wwe ppv event per month.Sux for all those that won't be able to get wwe network.

So let me get this right, WWE is trying to say they are not a scripted soap opera using guys in spandex anymore? When did that happen?

There are plenty of streams out there. Charlie just screwed himself not his customers. Some are free some cost a lil and are better quality, either way if you want Elimination Chamber you can watch it.

There are plenty of streams out there. Charlie just screwed himself not his customers. Some are free some cost a lil and are better quality, either way if you want Elimination Chamber you can watch it.
Dish said they'd be evaluating on a per event basis. I seriously doubt Dish is stupid enough to deny Wrestlemania to its customers. Elimination Chamber is a passable PPV IMO.

Dish said they'd be evaluating on a per event basis. I seriously doubt Dish is stupid enough to deny Wrestlemania to its customers. Elimination Chamber is a passable PPV IMO.

Yea but....Vince may tell Dish to suck it when Wrestlemania comes around.imo it would serve them right.I wonder how many ppv buys WWE could get if they scheduled a Vince McMahon vs Charlie Ergen match?I would pay to see that!

Really don't know what all the fuss is. McMahons enterprise WWE in my opinion has become very boring and predictable when it comes to the wrestling matches; especially the monthly over priced ppv events. I stopped watching them years ago.

Really don't know what all the fuss is. McMahons enterprise WWE in my opinion has become very boring and predictable when it comes to the wrestling matches; especially the monthly over priced ppv events. I stopped watching them years ago.

The fuss is about Dish being vindictive.They were offered the WWE network,they declined to pick it up,so now they decide to stop airing WWE ppv events,all that does is hurt customers that enjoy WWE programming.It doesn't cost Dish much,if anything to air those ppv events,this is nothing more than an FU because they launched WWE network over the top.I'm sure if it was something you did enjoy watching you would be annoyed as well.They pulled this same crap with AMC last year,moving the channels to the 9000 range,creating confusion for folks that watched those channels.It was nothing more than a childish move on their part.Frankly I'm getting tired of it.

May Dish drop all sports and lower my bill.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

now that the Dish dropping WWE PPVs in favor for UFC and TNA in protest of the WWE Network's launch next Monday, let's create a anti-Dish WWE Did You Know fact that should air on this Friday's SmackDown or Next Monday's Raw. here's mine, just image it on the screen.

WWE DID YOU KNOW: DISH HATES IT'S CUSTOMERS:
Dish in the past 10 years has had carriage disputes with New Corporation/Fox Corporation, Comcast/NBC Universal, CBS/Viacom, The Walt Disney Company, Lifetime Networks, AMC Networks, MSG Networks, MLB Network, several local TV Stations owned by multiple companies over fees that Dish refused until they caved in to the new agreements
(in fine pint at the bottom) source: Satelliteguys.us. :D

I hope there is some financial justification for why Dish would throw away "free" PPV profits. I can almost understand a dispute with a network since you are trying to keep your subscriber costs to a minimum, but a PPV doesn't have those same costs. Yes, Dish will make less on PPV buys because the WWE network will inevitably canibalize sales, but Dish will still make a profit without increasing Dish's costs. From the outside, it seems like a violation of the business judgment rule to put your corporate ego over making profits. Somewhere there is probably a Dish shareholder calling his attorney tomorrow morning.

Or maybe there is more behind the scene rules and requirements and that's why a deal wasn't reached. I would take all information that is received at face value. Who knows the real reasons why a deal wasn't struck.

DISH Network Statement In Response To WWE’s Comments About PPV Situation
As previously reported, WWE released a statement regarding DISH Network choosing not to offer the upcoming Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. For those who missed it, here is the statement WWE released:“WWE has chosen to launch a 24/7 online network, without its TV partners, that includes all of its pay-per-view events. As WWE enters the increasingly fragmented media world by themselves, DISH will continue to consider the value of WWE pay-per-view on an event by event basis. DISH continues to provide a variety of WWE programming, including ‘WWE Raw’ on USA, ‘WWE Smackdown’ on Syfy, ‘WWE Main Event’ on Ion and ‘WWE Total Divas” on E!. At this time, WWE pay-per-view events are not available on DISH.”DISH Network sent out a statement in response to the aforementioned comments made by WWE. That statement reads as follows:“DISH will not offer the ‘WWE Elimination Chamber’ PPV on 2/23. WWE is not willing to adjust their PPV costs to satellite and cable companies, which is unfair to their customers. We need to re-focus our efforts to support partners that better serve DISH customers. Other satellite and cable companies, including DIRECTV, have also expressed they may no longer provide WWE PPV events in the future.” ....What a crock by Dish it is not fair to the consumer when it is going to be cheaper for us them Dish the greedy people and it will come back to bite them!! :)

Last edited:
Yep,Dish calling the kettle black,they are the ones being unfair to their customers.It's going to come back and bite them in the arse pretty soon.Keep dropping channels,ppv events,don't add any new content,and keep raising the bills,excellent customer service.:rolleyes:

now that the Dish dropping WWE PPVs in favor for UFC and TNA in protest of the WWE Network's launch next Monday, let's create a anti-Dish WWE Did You Know fact that should air on this Friday's SmackDown or Next Monday's Raw. here's mine, just image it on the screen.

WWE DID YOU KNOW: DISH HATES IT'S CUSTOMERS:
Dish in the past 10 years has had carriage disputes with New Corporation/Fox Corporation, Comcast/NBC Universal, CBS/Viacom, The Walt Disney Company, Lifetime Networks, AMC Networks, MSG Networks, MLB Network, several local TV Stations owned by multiple companies over fees that Dish refused until they caved in to the new agreements
(in fine pint at the bottom) source: Satelliteguys.us. :D

Yep,Dish calling the kettle black,they are the ones being unfair to their customers.It's going to come back and bite them in the arse pretty soon.Keep dropping channels,ppv events,don't add any new content,and keep raising the bills,excellent customer service.:rolleyes:

So true and with it being cheaper for us paying only 9.99 for all PPV's and much more and month instead of 50-60 bucks every PPV we will get all and Willh699 said it best on why!!! :)

This may surprise people, but I am going to come out and say I am against DISH and their stance on the WWE and WWE PPV's.

DISH had the opportunity (as did every other cable and satellite company out there) to pick up the WWE Network and they said no.. we don't want it. I met with a Sr. DISH executive and we talked about the WWE Network and he took his time and explained why they didn't want it. And honestly after hearing his explanation I agreed with him.

After getting shot down by the cable and satellite companies the WWE had a problem they had already produced a bunch of content for this new network but had no place to air it. So they put their heads together and came up with the idea of launching the WWE Network Online. Personally I thought and still think the idea was genius and is the future of television.

Now DISH is being stubborn and are saying, well since they are going to cut our PPV revenue then we are just going to cut out airing WWE PPV's altogether. I think this is silly, in fact I think it is so silly that I wouldn't be surprised if some DISH shareholders file a lawsuit against DISH for not doing their fiduciary duties to share holders. I think of the WWE PPV's as free money for cable and satellite providers. The WWE does all the hard work and the companies broadcast what they are sent by the WWE. In the end the satellite / cable companies and the WWE split the money taken in and everyone is happy. Now DISH has gone ahead and taken away a profit making center for the company just because they appear jealous of the launch of the new WWE Network. Shareholders should be upset at this. Sure the WWE Network will cause less people to order WWE PPV's, but at least carrying the PPV's will still generate income for DISH and their shareholders.

I personally think the companies who will be harmed the least by the WWE Network are the satellite companies. The camble companies have the most to lose since for most customers their cable company is also their broadband provider. If someone on cable get the WWE Network then the customer is not going to order the $70 WrestleMania PPV. That is a BIG loss for cable! However on the satellite side of thing, many many satellite customers have satellite because they can not get anything else and they don't have any kind of wired broadband available to them. These people can not and will not get the WWE Network as it is impossible for them to do so. These people are more then willing to pay the full price to order these WWE Events as they have no other way of seeing them. Again DISH is turning away money which is a bad thing if you are a shareholder.

So I think DISH is making a big mistake here. If someone from DISH would like to talk to me about this on or off the record I am all ears, you have my number.

How can this be resolved? Maybe DISH can offer the 24/7 WWE Network channel which includes the PPV's but like WWE require a 6 month commitment to subscribe. If you dont subscribe you can then continue paying retail for the PPV's which will air on the dedicated PPV channels. That might be best for everyone

That is my feeling on the situation. And now you know. :)

Very well said Scott and good solution to it and I agree 100% and imo I think this will come back and bite Dish hard especially with the people you were talking about!! :)

Last edited:
Wonder if this will be discussed at the upcoming conference call, I think it's tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts