Upgrading equipment

cesater

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I was a bundled Dish customer with AT&T for 18 months until I got satellite DSL and dropped our land line. AT&T then turned us over to Dish. I recently called Dish to see about upgrading a receiver and was told I would have to buy my own because we had not been a Dish customer for at least a year. I tried explaing that we had been a Dish customer for over 2 years but mostly just through AT&T....... The Dish customer Rep told me my time with AT&T didn't count? Is this true or even legal? Direct TV is sounding better all the time

Chuck
Nashville, IN

We call this "CSR roulette" - try calling again, you might catch the guy with the brain when he's not on break.

Yes, I'm exaggerating.

Actually, it may be true. AT&T purchased the blocks of programming from Dish and then billed them themselves. Therefore, you were not a dish customer, but an at&t customer.

Actually, it may be true. AT&T purchased the blocks of programming from Dish and then billed them themselves. Therefore, you were not a dish customer, but an at&t customer.

OK - next question. Since I was transferred to Dish by AT&T and did not sign a contract with Dish - can I cancel anytime I want?

Best way to get ALL HD channels

DISH Network Signal Strength

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)