use wired cck and decas without DirecTv service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StephenJC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Cleveland
I have been using a wired CCK and DECAs to supply internet connections to the other rooms in my house. Will this technology will work without active DirecTv service? Since the DECAs won't get power without a receiver can I substitute wired CCKs for them? One wired CCK connected to my router and then to the coax going into the other rooms with wired CCKs in the other rooms connected to my computers. Will it work without DirecTvs authorization. I can buy the CCKs on ebay for cheap

Yes it will work.

There is a power supply you can use with the deca in place of the receiver. Or you can use a different type of deca that has its own power supply.

I was going to run Internet to my neighbors with an overhead coax line this way

Go to the DECA II thread & you might get your answer. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/311221-DECA-II-Question
I highly recommend you see my reply to this thread.

Yes it will work.

There is a power supply you can use with the deca in place of the receiver. Or you can use a different type of deca that has its own power supply.

I was going to run Internet to my neighbors with an overhead coax line this way

As we have now found out, you can use the deca's by themselves but only if the existing coax is not being utilized by another service (other than directv which you are canceling anyway) if you are switching to catv then your out of luck. a Dish Net TV2 feed "should" work, but we would need a E* tech to confirm which frequencies they use on TV1 and TV2 exactly. Although TV2 is just a modulated RF output from the box, so its like having one cable channel, the frequency should be pretty low i would think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts