Using Wireless Rec/Trans to Change Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

monicakm

Original poster
May 3, 2007
I'm hoping someone can help with this problem. I have the DirecTV+ (R15) box. THREE TVs run off this one box. With a RF transmitter at the two TVs where the box is NOT located and a RF receiver where the DirecTV+ box IS located, I can use the DirecTV remote with the other two TVs...IOW, I don't have to go back into the room where the box is located to use the remote commands. Just pointing the remote at the RF transmitter will allow me to use all the remote functions. This worked for my non DVR box and it worked with this DVR box for about 3 weeks. Now it won't work. I've changed batteries in the DirecTV remotes (I have three...one for each TV), I've unplugged/reset the RF devices, I've moved things around, I've reset the box (NOT the "reset everything). Called tech support and two reps have told me that the R-15 box is NOT RF capable :eek: Wonder why it worked for the first 3 weeks?? Help! :confused:

Monica

I assume that the RF receiver you refer has IR capabilities and that s why it works. Am I wrong? Out of curiosity what is the make and moel no of that device?

IR? Probably. I'm not technical on these things....I just know it works (or used to).
Jensen (yes, I see the letters IR) JDSC-IR100A

Attachments

• Jensen.jpg
    Jensen.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 162
It sounds to me like that device (and most likely the one that receives the signal) has died. You could contact audiovox who now owns the Jensen name or you could just go out and buy a new set.

Thanks. Course I was hoping that wasn't the case. They're $50 a set at BB but I see I can get them on line for half that. OK, let's assume it's the receiver and not the DVR. There's still the question concerning DirecTV's stance that this particular box (R-15) doesn't support IR (or RF <lol>) Whatever it supposedly doesn't support, it's been doing so for over 3 weeks. if it's not the normal "clueless tech support syndrome", I've wasted $30+. They don't have an answer for why it DID work.
Monica

I couldn't get that thing to work with my Tivos very well so stopped using them... I recently tryed to use it for my remote lights and the units have completely died it seems.

I went with a relay system and I will NEVER regret doing so... I love how accurate it is... I put all my audio equiptment behind my curtain in the home theater and everything is hidden.

I'm back with an update on my wireless RF problem with DirecTV and the DVR box. I appreciate some of the suggestions but most of it I'd either tried or it was WAY over my head :eek: Between remodeling the house, grandbaby and...LIFE, I just haven't had time or the energy to mess with it. Finally had DirecTV out to fix the Caller ID issue. After going thru ALL the steps I did before I called (sigh) they decided I needed a new box...ya think? I must have had one sick DVR box. Not only is the caller ID now working, but the remote RF is working again and the box is much more responsive. It was sluggish and all DirecTV could tell me was "that's normal". Case closed :) Thanks again,
Monica

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts