v1.6 works well for me, my experiences

FilthyG

Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
i posted my TT feedback over at SFN, but thought it might be relevant here.

i thought i would describe my sirius + TT setup and experiences.

the biggest problem i have had to deal with is not with TT, but with sirius. i have had the absolute worst time ever getting a signal. so once i got my hardware from TT, i spent several days finding where i can place my antenna for a signal.

living in socal, my antenna should face north and or east. my condo faces south and west. i'm on the bottom floor and am not able to mount an antenna anywhere.

so i had to order a 50-foot antenna extension. i got that setup and still wasn't able to find a sweet spot to get a signal for more than 2 hours a day.

so what i have to do, each night before i got to bed, is string my antenna out a window, over my patio wall, across a sidewalk and place the antenna pod on top of the fence surrounding the pool. i have to place tape over the crack in the sidewalk where i have fed the antenna so people walking down the sidewalk don't trip and rip my antenna out.

then i go inside and launch TT to get my howard recording setup from 3 am - 8:30 am for the east coast feed.

then when i go to work each morning i have to back out all my antenna work because of the condo rules and if i get caught with that out i would be in trouble. and i bet the gardeners would weed wack my antenna in 30 pieces at some point.

all told, my usage with TT (v1.6) has been acceptable. aside from some UI quirks, it works as i expected it to. i don't experience crashes with the application or my computer. i have not had an issue with it needing constant internet access.

granted it's only running about 9 hours at a given time.

I knew Stern had some fanatic listeners, but wow.

Just ... wow.

I dunno about " fantastic " as much as I think "insanely dedicated" :)

That's a boat load of work to do every day, I would be hunting around for a facilities guy, paying him off to get a little help to gain access to the roof/attic and run some serious cable to get that done - This process is insane, plus, it's got "get sued" written all over it once someone strangles themselves on the antenna wire.

Yikes - I'd find a better way :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts