Vacation Home Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Both Dish and Direct would consider this a violation of the service agreement. Do people do it? Certainly all the time.

I personally have no problem with the customer taking a receiver with them and using it at the vacation home. Infact many people will call for a dish mover to get the second home setup. Then they just call and change the address when ever they go to the vaction home. Thats fine, and I don't belive either satco has a problem with it.

What they do not like is having a receiver or receivers at both locations at the same times. Infact it is my job as an installer to report this if I find it. As such the extra receivers are reported not onsite, and they are shut off.

So your saying if you came to my place you would require I PROVE all my recvrs are at my home ?
Good luck with that .....

I agree Jimbo...good luck with that

Heck my dad has one receiver that we transport between the house and the cabin. During the winter the garage isnt used that much (2nd "party" garage...after all this is Minnesota) so the receiver sometimes ends up at the cabin for a couple weeks at a time. But its not like both are being used. If we're at the cabin, there is nobody at the home :)

So your saying if you came to my place you would require I PROVE all my recvrs are at my home ?
Good luck with that .....

Both companies show what receivers are listed on the account on the work order. If I show up and a receiver is not on site, the installer is required to report that receiver not on site.

Let's say I go to a Direct customers house to upgrade one of their receivers to HD. The work order has listed 4 receivers on the customer account. I show up and only two of the receivers are onsite. I report what two recivers are onsite by getting the RID number off of the box. This number is not listed on the work order. I report to my office that only 2 IRD's onsite, the other two will most likely get shut off.

Same with Dish I am required to verify that all IRD's listed on the work order are present. If not I am to report any that are not there.

Both companies show what receivers are listed on the account on the work order. If I show up and a receiver is not on site, the installer is required to report that receiver not on site.

Let's say I go to a Direct customers house to upgrade one of their receivers to HD. The work order has listed 4 receivers on the customer account. I show up and only two of the receivers are onsite. I report what two recivers are onsite by getting the RID number off of the box. This number is not listed on the work order. I report to my office that only 2 IRD's onsite, the other two will most likely get shut off.

Same with Dish I am required to verify that all IRD's listed on the work order are present. If not I am to report any that are not there.

I thought your job for that order was to do an INSTALL .... why are you nosing around in other places other than where the job is ?

What happens if the guy says, Yes I have a recvr in the bed room and one in the guest room..... do you go any try to look to make sure ?

If so, your likely to get shot looking around in someone elses home.

If he says thats where they are, do you believe him or inquire further ?

New clarification of policy per directv

As long as the service is only being used in one location at a time the service can be moved back and forth from a vacation spot .

This policy is now in clear black and white in our policy database, so there should be no more problems wih these issues.

As long as the service is only being used in one location at a time the service can be moved back and forth from a vacation spot .

This policy is now in clear black and white in our policy database, so there should be no more problems wih these issues.

Well this CLEARS up a lot of questions for people :up

Thanks StoneCold

And that's the bottom line......cause Stonecold said so.:D

Well no we just got 100% clear clarification from managment a couple of days ago so the "bible" had been admended recently to reflect the common interpetation of the old rules.

I thought your job for that order was to do an INSTALL .... why are you nosing around in other places other than where the job is ?

What happens if the guy says, Yes I have a recvr in the bed room and one in the guest room..... do you go any try to look to make sure ?

If so, your likely to get shot looking around in someone elses home.

If he says thats where they are, do you believe him or inquire further ?

It's called doing my job. If I am changing the system I have to make sure all IRD's are working before I leave. You bet I am gonna want to look at those other IRD's.

It's called doing my job. If I am changing the system I have to make sure all IRD's are working before I leave. You bet I am gonna want to look at those other IRD's.

I bet you get refused in peoples homes also when you pull that type of crap.

Your job is to INSTALL, not AUDIT .... of course if your a D* auditor then you've been telling stories all along.

It may be a gray area or against TOS or whatever you want to call it, but if you are as you say and will only be at one house or the other. Who cares - just do it, but don't tell D* and don't plug in a phone line at the vacation house. If no one finds out, you'll get service.:angel:

It may be a gray area or against TOS or whatever you want to call it, but if you are as you say and will only be at one house or the other. Who cares - just do it, but don't tell D* and don't plug in a phone line at the vacation house. If no one finds out, you'll get service.:angel:

it more so reguarding locals. then anything else.

I bet you get refused in peoples homes also when you pull that type of crap.

Your job is to INSTALL, not AUDIT .... of course if your a D* auditor then you've been telling stories all along.

I'm with Jimbo on this. If you came to my house to do install a box (which you wouldn't because I do it myself) and wanted to look at all my receivers, I would seriously question your motives and deny you access. A man's home is his castle, tread lightly!

I'm with Jimbo on this. If you came to my house to do install a box (which you wouldn't because I do it myself) and wanted to look at all my receivers, I would seriously question your motives and deny you access. A man's home is his castle, tread lightly!

I'd like to see him take the trip to where ever my trailer is at the time he arrives.

Jimbo you have over 20,000 posts so I humble myself to your knowledge of satellites.
However like so many Directv customers you must not be aware that if I come to your house to do anything I'm responseable for the whole system for 90 days. Even if it's a receiver or cable I never touched! There's no advantage for us to narc you out to Directv and personally I couldn't care less if you had 5 receivers on your account and 4 are rented out to the local bars. We are required to bring the whole system up to code and the only way to do that is to have access to the entire system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts