ValueElectronics Thumbs up... Job Well done

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I want to take this opportunity to thank Robert at Value Electronics for the wonderful job that his installer did with me. He organized all my wires outside and installed 7 receivers... 1 HDTIVO and 2 HD receivers + 4 SD receivers. It was a very professional job. Now I need to learn to TIVO. Quite a different experience from the E* DVRs. BTW, I pulled the plug on E*. Not totally but I have downgrade only to the HD Pack and kept one 6000u receiver. All others receivers are going back to them. If E* can win me over they will have to a better job. As to quality of channels SD/HD, I am not ready to make that assesment between E* and D*. I will get back to you.

Thanks to Robert at Value Electronic for an excellent job and I will recommend very highly.

Make sure that you turn off Tivo recording of suggestions, that will take a bunch of disk space. Once you've done enough thumbs up/down, so it learns what you like, you can try turning it back on.

How you turn it off?

BTW, I am trying to learn the channels number. My kids ask me for Nick Jr channel. Is there such a channel on "D* or is it jus a program on Nickelodeon? They are coming from E* so it will take them sometime to get used to it.

Sean Mota said:
How you turn it off?

BTW, I am trying to learn the channels number. My kids ask me for Nick Jr channel. Is there such a channel on "D* or is it jus a program on Nickelodeon? They are coming from E* so it will take them sometime to get used to it.

I think it's Setup, My Prefrences then Tivo Siggestions where you can then say no. As for Nick Jr, no kids in the house so I don't have them on my favorites but it doesn't ring a bell, sorry. Enjoy, you'll like not having to 'baby' these boxes like E*'s hardware, it just works! :D

I think Nick jr is on early on both Nicks... I originally went from D* to E* (kept D*) but got used to the E* channels it takes awhile, but the sds are set up better on D* Imho... scifi , usa, tnt and tbs are all close instead of scattered... nick and the other kids nets are all pretty close togather...

I see thanks. I haven't found the setup menu yet :) but I will get there. I am reading the Tivo guide. My TIVO experience so far has been great. Guide is slow compare to E* but the feel of it feels very good. I just did my first two turner HD recording. Haven't found my OTA channels yet :). Yes, no PIP window but the LIVE button does the job nicely. Going back to the manual.

Same for me Sean. Ordered the HR10-250 and H10 thru VE, with two D10's for backup. Equipment should get here before the end of the week, and I'll set up the installation after it's here. It should be fun to learn about Tivo, since I've never had one. Everyone I know who has one says they couldn't get along without it.

I second your endorsement of VE. I've been on the phone with Robert, Wendy, and Graham--all of them are top notch. And satelliteguys.us is in the same league.

Stone Man,

glad to see you once again in the same boat as me. You couldn't be in better hands (just my opinion). The Tivo is quite fun and it is quite a different animal. Sit down and learn and enjoy. That's what I am doing.

I ordered an HD-Tivo and the 3 other recievers, through VE. Talked to Robert and he gave me a great deal. Can't wait to have a DVR, never had one and jealous of my neighbors moto 6412.

Sean Mota said:
How you turn it off?

Press the DirecTV button at the top of the remote.
Highlight Messages and Setup (May say "Read New") and press select.
Highlight Settings, press select.
Highlight TiVo Suggestions, press select.
Highlight "No, do no record suggestions" and press select.

However, TiVo Suggestions are the lowest priority recordings on the list, and will be bumped by just about everything, so while they will fill the hard drive, they won't prevent scheduled shows from recording.

I am working on that.... Vurbano.

I am getting a lot of audio drops on the Tivo recordings. Do others have a similar problem or is it just me? I have recorded HDnet, HDnet movies, DiscoveryHD and ESPN and I get the audio drops on the Tivo recordings.

The Stone Man said:

I second your endorsement of VE. I've been on the phone with Robert, Wendy, and Graham--all of them are top notch. And satelliteguys.us is in the same league.

Me too Stone. I've talked to all three of them and I'm very happy.

Also, I selected the TC Premium. I would like to have the Spanish channels. I see that there is a PARA TODOS package premium that contains Spanish & English channels. But I see that BCC America is not included in the PARA TODOS package. Also some of the channels like Cartoon Network in (ESP) is that through a second audio or primary audio. If I change to the PARA TODOS package I do not want to lose Cartoon Networks in English. Anyone with PARA TOODS premier package who can lead me in the right direction here.

Basically I want to the spanish channels but do not lose the English channels and if I am losing some, I like to know what I am losing.

Sean Mota said:
I am working on that.... Vurbano.

I am getting a lot of audio drops on the Tivo recordings. Do others have a similar problem or is it just me? I have recorded HDnet, HDnet movies, DiscoveryHD and ESPN and I get the audio drops on the Tivo recordings.

Nope, no audio drops. Is it on the standard two wire RCA audio connectors or is it the DD5.1 fiber interconnect? I'm using the fiber with no drops.

Fiber DD5.1? Wonder why? Is there a reboot or something similar that you guys have come across or heard of this before. It is only in the recording. The LIVE feed is not dropping the audio but the recorded video is. I am confused.

Sean Mota said:
Fiber DD5.1? Wonder why? Is there a reboot or something similar that you guys have come across or heard of this before. It is only in the recording. The LIVE feed is not dropping the audio but the recorded video is. I am confused.

Have you tried just the analog audio to see if it's showing up there also???

Sean Mota said:
Also, I selected the TC Premium. I would like to have the Spanish channels. I see that there is a PARA TODOS package premium that contains Spanish & English channels. But I see that BCC America is not included in the PARA TODOS package. Also some of the channels like Cartoon Network in (ESP) is that through a second audio or primary audio. If I change to the PARA TODOS package I do not want to lose Cartoon Networks in English. Anyone with PARA TOODS premier package who can lead me in the right direction here.

Basically I want to the spanish channels but do not lose the English channels and if I am losing some, I like to know what I am losing.

I have Para Todos to save a few bucks per month. Cartoon Network is still in English, just has a spanish feed available. You will also get Gol TV on 2 channels. 1 in Spanish in the 400's and the other in the 600's in English. I did not know that this came with the Para Todos package in English, knew it would ocme in Spanish. I liked BBC America, but have most of Benny Hill on DVD anyhow, so won't miss too much :D .

rad said:
Have you tried just the analog audio to see if it's showing up there also???

After listening the audio drops all morning, I turn the box off and on and VOILA the drop was not there after I recorded about a minute. I will record longer to see if it comes out. Thanks for your help.

Tonedeaf said:
I have Para Todos to save a few bucks per month. Cartoon Network is still in English, just has a spanish feed available. You will also get Gol TV on 2 channels. 1 in Spanish in the 400's and the other in the 600's in English. I did not know that this came with the Para Todos package in English, knew it would ocme in Spanish. I liked BBC America, but have most of Benny Hill on DVD anyhow, so won't miss too much :D .

I wish they had a way to identify which English channels are not part of PARATODOS or better yet if they had a separate spanish package (aka, E*). I will have to go through the list and find out which English channels I will be missing if I decide to go with the PARATODOS package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)