Vegas, the sports town?

Probably not many connections back to Vegas. Don't think the Mavs are going anywhere, and will be one angle toward Cuban getting a resort + arena in the Dallas area.

Vegas (and Seattle) are expected to get NBA expansion teams after the next round of media deals are done.

Probably not many connections back to Vegas. Don't think the Mavs are going anywhere, and will be one angle toward Cuban getting a resort + arena in the Dallas area.

Vegas (and Seattle) are expected to get NBA expansion teams after the next round of media deals are done.
No more expansion, Seattle had a team and lost it, Dallas should just move, the American Airlines Center is 22 years old, that is ancient for a arena in today’s world, Mavericks' lease on it runs through to 2031, enough time for Vegas to build something.

1709830987280.png
1709830998305.png
1709831045600.png

The Tropicana closes for good at 3 AM on April 2 to make way for the new ballpark. I happen to be staying right across the street at MGM Grand 3/31-4/3 so I will be in a unique position to experience Vegas history go down.

I'm hoping it will be free drinks and live jazz all the way up until the place shuts down at 3 AM, then I'll stumble back across the street to my room at MGM.

The Tropicana closes for good at 3 AM on April 2 to make way for the new ballpark. I happen to be staying right across the street at MGM Grand 3/31-4/3 so I will be in a unique position to experience Vegas history go down.

I'm hoping it will be free drinks and live jazz all the way up until the place shuts down at 3 AM, then I'll stumble back across the street to my room at MGM.

Probably one of the few hotels left from when I first went there in about 1982. On the strip anyway.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Soooooo .... how are they planning to Cool this place ?
They keep talking about Fan Comfort ....

No way to Close the roof ....
Since it is more of a dry heat, for most days, should be ok, specially for night games.

But back home, I do pay attention to the weather, they have been having extremely hot summers the last few years in Michigan, temps have been close to what we get here, damn humid there also ( Florida is worse of course), no retractable roof at Comerica, or fans.

Since it is more of a dry heat, for most days, should be ok, specially for night games.

But back home, I do pay attention to the weather, they have been having extremely hot summers the last few years in Michigan, temps have been close to what we get here, damn humid there also ( Florida is worse of course), no retractable roof at Comerica, or fans.
Comerica didn't come out and promote Fan Comfort ...