Verizon about to throw some money away behind Windows Phone

What I see happening (and it already has happened really) is that Google Android is to the tablet what Microsoft Windows was/is to the desktop. Lots of choices in vendors like the PC, and they compete head on with Apple, just like the PC.

I see the tablet becoming the next computer of choice too.

I still think MS is too little too late. No matter how much money they throw behind it, the only way would be to give away all their phones to customers for a couple of years.
Let's see the prices that VZW will offer Nokia/Windows Mobile phones for. Then we'll know what is going on... ;)

I don't think anyone will place bets that the next wave of VZW/WM/Nokia phones will be $299 or $499 or similar !!

I'm envisioning $49 and under.... Never even considered "BOGO Free" but that makes even more sense ! Gets more WM phones out there.

The fact that Windows is a buggy OS keeps me employed. :)

i still prefer Win OS for a desktop but wouldn't mind the option of being able to run an Apple OS alongside. not that it can't be done but one i think its illegal and two it wouldn't be stable.

What I see happening (and it already has happened really) is that Google Android is to the tablet what Microsoft Windows was/is to the desktop. Lots of choices in vendors like the PC, and they compete head on with Apple, just like the PC.

I see the tablet becoming the next computer of choice too.

Really the tablet market right now is Ipad and Kindle Fire the other Android based tablets have founf it hard to get going.

i still prefer Win OS for a desktop but wouldn't mind the option of being able to run an Apple OS alongside. not that it can't be done but one i think its illegal and two it wouldn't be stable.

If I properly undersand what you want to do Boot camp (which I believe is packaged with OS X) will allow you to do it and since it is packaged with the hardware I doubt that it is illegal or warranty voiding etc.

Yeah, and I doubt the iPad 3 or "new" is improving that situation for them. 15M more iPads sold in the first quarter.

Agrred. the reason I wwent with kindle Fire is that I prefer that form factor. IF apple had a choice in that range I would have at least considered it.

Agrred. the reason I wwent with kindle Fire is that I prefer that form factor. IF apple had a choice in that range I would have at least considered it.

I originally loved that form factor - starting with a Galaxy Tab, but given how much reading I do of PDFs, I came to appreciate the 10" of screen real estate of the iPad. And now that I am used to the retina display, everything else just looks like crap to me. Amazing how quickly that perception changes.

If I properly undersand what you want to do Boot camp (which I believe is packaged with OS X) will allow you to do it and since it is packaged with the hardware I doubt that it is illegal or warranty voiding etc.

thank you. i'll definitely look into that.......

thank you. i'll definitely look into that.......

Boot Camp allows you to install Windows on a Mac. You then have the option of either booting up in Mac OS X or Windows. If you want to run both at the same time you can install Parallels for Mac and run Windows virtually on your Mac OS X.

Boot Camp allows you to install Windows on a Mac. You then have the option of either booting up in Mac OS X or Windows. If you want to run both at the same time you can install Parallels for Mac and run Windows virtually on your Mac OS X.

well i use parallels at work from time to time with the macs here but i meant run Osx on PC. i know there's a way but it isn't stable and not sure if legal.

perhaps its better than RIM?
Better than RIM (currently) and Android IMHO. In some ways better than iOS as well.
We all have our preferences though. I just wish the carriers would have pushed this one better at launch. If that had happend, I think that you would have seen a much greater market share for these devices. They didnt though, and we dont.

well i use parallels at work from time to time with the macs here but i meant run Osx on PC. i know there's a way but it isn't stable and not sure if legal.

Oh, there is a way, but it does violate the EULA from Apple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)