Verizon FiOS internet and TV service

RockinHARD26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 10, 2007
Delaware
Just wondering if anyone here have seen or heard anything about Verizon's FiOS internet, TV, and phone services. Just recently, they upgraded my area to 5Mbps/2Mbps speed. FiOS TV is offering over 200 all-digital channels, HD content, and locals starting at $42.99.

Currently I am running on MediaCom Cable Internet at 15Mbps/1Mbps. Verzion FiOS is downloading three times slower but yet, uploading two times faster. To me, How can they at that speed, provide TV, internet, and telephone? When I'm downloading a full HD movie that is acouple gigs, I can tell when I'm on the telephone now since I'm running a VoIP line. I just can not believe there isn't a problem with the service.

Unlike DishNetwork, they actually offer local programming for my area. They have it all in HD as well. 2 ABC's, 2 PBS's, CW, WGN, NBC, CBS, and Fox.

PLUS... They have free-on-demand service that offers over 1,000 titles!!!!

So, I may switch.

Last edited:
Try it and tell us. If you use search you can probably find some very happy FIOS users. Verizon has trouble just getting our phones to work, I'm not even dreaming of FIOS.

The Fios service and PQ may be decent but their DVR's are nothing compaired to Dish's 622 or 722. A matter of fact Dish's first DVR was much better than the Fios boxes currently in use. The Fios boxes are clunky and slow. My friend has Fios and I can't stand using their remote and using their box.

I hear ya boba, I did some research and found actually happy customers. lol
They must not have seen their bills since the recent price increase. It appears that some markets haven't seen the increase yet, but it will be coming the first of next month. The pricing increases seem to be bouncing back and forth between the TV product and the broadband product and the net is that the price is going up more than 8% per year.

There has been limited price protection for early adopters, so they may not have seen a substantial increase yet.

Make sure that the price you're quoted isn't some sort of introductory number and that you won't be stuck in some sort of long-term commitment. My recollection is that the best pricing comes with a two year ball and chain. I'm assuming that you've already investigated any commitments you may have to DISH Network.

The price posted on the website isn't very high actuallly. Its right around Dishnetwork's monthly price I pay. As for the DVR boxes, you have a choice of a few different ones. Before I switched to Dish, I had one of the boxes with my HD-Cable DVR service.

They must not have seen their bills since the recent price increase. It appears that some markets haven't seen the increase yet, but it will be coming the first of next month. The pricing increases seem to be bouncing back and forth between the TV product and the broadband product and the net is that the price is going up more than 8% per year.

There has been limited price protection for early adopters, so they may not have seen a substantial increase yet.

Make sure that the price you're quoted isn't some sort of introductory number and that you won't be stuck in some sort of long-term commitment. My recollection is that the best pricing comes with a two year ball and chain. I'm assuming that you've already investigated any commitments you may have to DISH Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)