VHF antenna selection

chum1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
pa
I need some help on selecting a VHF antenna. I currently have the winegard 8 bay UHF antenna pointed at the Altoona towers, but lucky for me WWCP is adding Antenna TV on 8.3 so I need a good VHF antenna pointed towards Johnstown. What will I need to combine 2 antennas into one preamp? Below is my TVfool report. Thanks for the help!

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=2c1599b0ce2966

I need some help on selecting a VHF antenna. I currently have the winegard 8 bay UHF antenna pointed at the Altoona towers, but lucky for me WWCP is adding Antenna TV on 8.3 so I need a good VHF antenna pointed towards Johnstown. What will I need to combine 2 antennas into one preamp? Below is my TVfool report. Thanks for the help!

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=2c1599b0ce2966
From the question "what will I need to combine 2 antennas into one preamp?" I assume you already have one. The question is what do you have for a preamp, some have the ability to also act as a combiner? The RCA TVPRAMP1R has that capability.

Reactions: chum1976
Thanks for the info guys. The current preamp is a CM UHF so I will purchase a new RCA that can connect each antenna. I will order the antenna you suggested as well and let you know how it works once installed.

Just an update Antenna TV wont be on 8.3 as planned, but on 23.4 so I wont be needing a VHF antenna after all. I was going to wait till spring so I did not waste any money. If they do decide to put anything on 8.3 I know what to buy. Thanks!

Did they have a press release or how did you find out this info?

I know rabbitears says "soon" but sometimes its speculation on channel info

Did they have a press release or how did you find out this info?

I know rabbitears says "soon" but sometimes its speculation on channel info

Hello, I checked out WWCP's facebook page. Maybe it has something to do with Atlantic Broadband....doesnt Antenna TV require cable carriage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)