These of the settings that were used

Record No. 0
Lnb LO freq. (kHz) 10750000 Number
LNB Power (VOLT) 18 -HOR
Down Link Freq (KHz 12152000
Symbol Rate (ksps) 20000
0/12v mode off
DiSeQc1.0 off

Now a few questions the unit came with some db9 conntors with a rj11 conntor at the end have you ever hooked these up to a rs232 to pull channles off the ird to make a channle list ??

Cool that you got it working! :D

never have done the channel edit with mine.
I just have it set for G10

Iceberg said:
Cool that you got it working! :D

never have done the channel edit with mine.
I just have it set for G10

I think the only way to edit the channles is to make a pw then lock out the channles that are bad far as insert via acoss card im going to buy a rs232 conntor in a few days see if I can hyper termnal into the unit.

Thats GREAT! :) :) I took me way toooooooo long to get mine going!

I don't think you can edit the channels. I would have to re-read the manual again.

Any other sats you want to try?

TelStar-5 said:
Hey IceBerg just wanted to let you know I got the Viacast working on TelStar-5

Some tips iv found out

18vs = hor
14s=Ver

These of the settings that were used

Record No. 0
Lnb LO freq. (kHz) 10750000 Number
LNB Power (VOLT) 18 -HOR
Down Link Freq (KHz 12152000
Symbol Rate (ksps) 20000
0/12v mode off
DiSeQc1.0 off

Now a few questions the unit came with some db9 conntors with a rj11 conntor at the end have you ever hooked these up to a rs232 to pull channles off the ird to make a channle list ??

I am still trying to receive a single FTA signal. At this point it could be Chinese, Russian, Polish, a pig race, a test pattern, I don't care. 15 years ago I was an expert at C-Band and installed several systems. I also installed numerous DBS systems with no problems. FTA on the other hand is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Hopefully it is my Viacast ($40 E-Bay special) at fault. I get a signal rating of 94 even with the LNBF disconnected from the dish. This Wednesday I will be receiving my Coolsat Pro 4000 receiver. Once connected, if I receive a single FTA signal I will be jumping for joy.

With your experience in satellite it MUST have been the receiver, I am sure you will find it a cakewalk from here on in : )

Thank you Pete. I am going to stop beating myself up about it and just wait for my new Coolsat receiver to arrive on Wednesday. I read another post from a user who has a Viacast receiver and had the exact same problems. Then he too got a new receiver and everything worked fine.

It took me months and reading this group to get mine going.

Once you have your new receiver and have it working you will know the dish is pointed right.

After that it's
LO, freq, sr, and discq (switch) settings.

If it still does not work take a screen shot of the setting with a camera or web cam and I might be able to help more. Don't forget the last 000 for the LO and freq.

Good luck with your new reciever and keep us posted.

PopcornNMore said:
I am still trying to receive a single FTA signal. At this point it could be Chinese, Russian, Polish, a pig race, a test pattern, I don't care. 15 years ago I was an expert at C-Band and installed several systems. I also installed numerous DBS systems with no problems. FTA on the other hand is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Hopefully it is my Viacast ($40 E-Bay special) at fault. I get a signal rating of 94 even with the LNBF disconnected from the dish. This Wednesday I will be receiving my Coolsat Pro 4000 receiver. Once connected, if I receive a single FTA signal I will be jumping for joy.

On a related note, I also decided to hook up my Viacast to my dish pointed at G3C, and it works like a champ... I must have my skew off again by 90 degrees, as 18v is my vertical pol..

The Viacast has a nice image quality, although the colors are slightly washed out, but once you have it programmed correctly, it works great.

Oh, and yes, the signal quality will show 90%+ all of the time, that is what was freaking me out too.. having the LNBF off the dish, and pointed straight into my hand, and I still had 97% signal :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)