Video Game Deals

How do the Humble Bundles work if it says "more games coming soon!"? Does that mean if I pay more than the average price, I'll get anything else that's added down the road, or will I need to drop some more coin? Now that I have a new Android device with 4.4, I'm considering getting the current Mobile Bundle. Syberia looks pretty cool and couple others look decent, and I'm getting tired of the freemium BS games on Google Play.

EDIT: Nevermind. When I clicked on the question mark it said I'll got those games (coming Wednesday) too. Sweet!

Last edited:
How do the Humble Bundles work if it says "more games coming soon!"? Does that mean if I pay more than the average price, I'll get anything else that's added down the road, or will I need to drop some more coin? Now that I have a new Android device with 4.4, I'm considering getting the current Mobile Bundle. Syberia looks pretty cool and couple others look decent, and I'm getting tired of the freemium BS games on Google Play.

EDIT: Nevermind. When I clicked on the question mark it said I'll got those games (coming Wednesday) too. Sweet!

Yep, as long as you pay more than the average at your time of purchase you will get the games that are added later too. Sometimes they do have certain games locked into a higher price tier but they are always clear about which games those are.

The bundle you are talking about doesn't have a higher price tier. Pay any amount for the first 3 games and beat the average for everything else.

Yep, as long as you pay more than the average at your time of purchase you will get the games that are added later too. Sometimes they do have certain games locked into a higher price tier but they are always clear about which games those are.

The bundle you are talking about doesn't have a higher price tier. Pay any amount for the first 3 games and beat the average for everything else.

Thanks for confirming! This could get dangerous, now having a device I can play these Humble Bundle games on, without worrying about specs.

Thanks for confirming! This could get dangerous, now having a device I can play these Humble Bundle games on, without worrying about specs.

It doesn't look like this is the case for this one but most of the mobile bundles give you the games on PC in addition to android. I find that a lot of the indie games I get from humble bundles run fine on a 4 year old standard laptop I sometimes use. We're talking just an i3 processor with no graphics card. Now this obviously isn't true for most modern games but a lot of the humble bundle stuff is older or light indie stuff that doesn't require a lot of power.

I feel comfortable buying games intended for that laptop because I know I have an actual gaming PC I can play them on if the laptop can't handle it. You might be able to do the same thing knowing you can use the Android tablet as a backup. Just look for PC and Android bundles in the future. They have one right now in the encore bundle weekend deal but it's $15 and that's quite a bit higher than you would have paid when the bundle was active the first time.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/androidbundle11_storefront

It doesn't look like this is the case for this one but most of the mobile bundles give you the games on PC in addition to android. I find that a lot of the indie games I get from humble bundles run fine on a 4 year old standard laptop I sometimes use. We're talking just an i3 processor with no graphics card. Now this obviously isn't true for most modern games but a lot of the humble bundle stuff is older or light indie stuff that doesn't require a lot of power.

I feel comfortable buying games intended for that laptop because I know I have an actual gaming PC I can play them on if the laptop can't handle it. You might be able to do the same thing knowing you can use the Android tablet as a backup. Just look for PC and Android bundles in the future. They have one right now in the encore bundle weekend deal but it's $15 and that's quite a bit higher than you would have paid when the bundle was active the first time.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/androidbundle11_storefront

I actually checked that one out first thanks to yourbeliefs's link and in the process stumbled on the current mobile bundle I ended up buying. That encore bundle just didn't have enough of interest to me to warrant the $15 pricetag.

I've been tempted by some of these bundles featuring indie or older PC games in the past, but at the end of the day (literally), I just don't want to sit at my computer desk (where I work from home) to play games (I still have yet to touch a bunch of older games I bought from GoG last year). Though it's nice to know that if I don't want to play some of these PC/Android games on the small screen with touch controls, I have options.

This deal is somewhat questionable. First off, if you have Ad Block on you can't see the deal. Maybe add some text next time as well to give some more information. Secondly, the $9.95 is for a used copy of the game in a cardboard sleeve with no case or instructions. Finally, the shipping is more than the actual game itself at $9.99.

I'm not trying to take a dump on your contributions to this thread, but I just wanted to throw these caveats out there to those interested in this. We will likely get something similar in a brand new version come the holiday season.

If I see the PS4 version for around $10 on Black Friday I'll pick it up to do the DLC and maybe run through the campaign again. I wish they would have done it the way inFamous does their DLC add-ons so you can play them without having access to the base game. I would have bought it day one if they did just like I did with the inFamous First Light DLC.

I'm far enough removed from my playthrough of TLoU that I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it at this point. Making it one of the first AAA PS Plus games would be even better.

If I see the PS4 version for around $10 on Black Friday I'll pick it up to do the DLC and maybe run through the campaign again. I wish they would have done it the way inFamous does their DLC add-ons so you can play them without having access to the base game. I would have bought it day one if they did just like I did with the inFamous First Light DLC.

I'm far enough removed from my playthrough of TLoU that I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it at this point. Making it one of the first AAA PS Plus games would be even better.
I'd be shocked if they discounted it that much. I think $20-$25 would be more reasonable. I don't see there being an 80% discount on a game that's less than 6 months old.

I'd be shocked if they discounted it that much. I think $20-$25 would be more reasonable. I don't see there being an 80% discount on a game that's less than 6 months old.

I guess. Too me its older than that though because I don't consider it a separate product from the PS3 version but they probably do. In that case you're probably right but I'm willing to keep waiting for a bigger discount or free on PS Plus.

http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Browse/?cat=Under20#axzz3G81NpKwA

Gamefly is having an under $20 used sale for console gamers. Xbox One versions seem to be a few dollars cheaper than PS4 and there are also more Xbox One games listed in general. There are plenty of PS3/360/3DS/Vita games included in this sale too. To see everything you have to click on individual platforms at the top of the page. Here are some highlights.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros - PS4 $13.49, Xbox One $8.99
Watch Dogs - PS4 $18.99, Xbox One $17.99
Dark Souls 2 - 360 $13.49
Tomb Raider - Xbox One $13.49, PS3/360 $7.19
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - Xbox One $13.49

Check it out for yourself. There are lots of other options too. I'll probably pick something up to use my $5 used games credit for once but I'm not sure what yet.

I'll probably check out Injustice. Fighting games are fun when there is someone else on the couch to play them with. I've never been one to master them and learn all the combos though. I also don't think there worth much when you are playing alone and I'll never be good enough to play strangers online. I do like the DC universe though and I've heard the story is actually pretty cool. I've also heard it's pretty short so I could probably play through the entire thing during the free weekend.

I'll probably check out Injustice. Fighting games are fun when there is someone else on the couch to play them with. I've never been one to master them and learn all the combos though. I also don't think there worth much when you are playing alone and I'll never be good enough to play strangers online. I do like the DC universe though and I've heard the story is actually pretty cool. I've also heard it's pretty short so I could probably play through the entire thing during the free weekend.
You could EASILY beat the story mode in 1 weekend. It is fun though, although I was NOT a fan of the dumbing down of difficulty. IF you can find a way to disable that I'd highly recommend you do so. Even if you don't still play it. I'll probably check out "Don't Starve"

You could EASILY beat the story mode in 1 weekend. It is fun though, although I was NOT a fan of the dumbing down of difficulty. IF you can find a way to disable that I'd highly recommend you do so. Even if you don't still play it. I'll probably check out "Don't Starve"

I don't know if you were adding free PS4 games to your account with PS Plus before you actually had your PS4 but if you were you probably already own Don't Starve. It was one of the first free games they offered for PS4.

I don't know if you were adding free PS4 games to your account with PS Plus before you actually had your PS4 but if you were you probably already own Don't Starve. It was one of the first free games they offered for PS4.
Nope. I didn't have PS+ until I purchased my PS4.

For today ONLY, you can get the original Payday on Steam for free.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24240/

Remember the original Command & Conquer: Red Alert? Sure you do, and you can get it now for free! Actually this was offered a few years ago but someone has rehosted the files so they're available again, AND they even work online for multiplayer again.

http://redalert1.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)