Video Game Deals

I do have to say that much of your enjoyment of the game will be tied to your knowledge of the show. It throws references at the player left and right, and even as a die hard fan there were a few times where I had to look up what they were talking about. Overall though as long as you're into their kind of humor you should be fine. There are definitely some things in there that I have to say I've never seen before in games. At the end of the day the gameplay is rather simplistic, the RPG elements are not very robust and are unbalanced (in favor of the player) but its presentation, writing, and charm are off the charts and really sold it for me. One of the best uses of a product license that I've ever seen (and not just in terms of South Park, but ALL licensed video games.)

I REALLY wish I liked the game so I could take advantage of this deal, but really everytime I played it I just couldn't get into it. Great deal though, even with that 50GB download size.

I like Titanfall. It's not the revolutionary experience it was billed as but it's a solid multiplayer shooter. Apparently people agree with you though because the player base has completely dried up on Xbox One even after all the great Black Friday deals there were on this game.

I played for a bit last night to check out some of the season pass maps I just bought. Many other online games don't show how many people are online and Respawn might want to follow that lead because it was pretty sad. The DLC playlists I wanted to check out only had 80-150 people on them depending on when I looked. Attrition (team deathmatch) is by far the most popular playlist in this game and even that only had 3000-5000 people in it when I looked. I think the only other playlist that was even in the thousands was the new Frontier Defense Mode (horde mode).

Matchmaking was quick and I never had trouble finding a full game even on the playlists with 80 people in them. Still, it's pretty sad when a major release like this has less than 10,000 people playing between all playlists less than a year after release. The other sad part is that those numbers were probably higher than usual because of all the people who just bought the game or season pass on Black Friday. I'm guessing the PC version is in an even worse state than the Xbox One.

Great deal! I already have a SSD in my gaming PC and I'm still thinking about grabbing this. I already want Far Cry 4 and I'm sure I could find use for the SSD.

My gaming machine has another drive bay available so I could use it as another 250 GB of super fast game storage. Another option would be to throw it in my office PC. Almost everything is stored on a server so 250 GB would be plenty of space.

Last edited:
Great deal! I already have a SSD in my gaming PC and I'm still thinking about grabbing this. I already want Far Cry 4 and I'm sure I could find use for the SSD.

My gaming machine has another drive bay available so I could use it as another 250 GB of super fast game storage. Another option would be to throw it in my office PC. Almost everything is stored on a server so 250 GB would be plenty of space.
If FC4 isn't a dealbreaker and you just want more bang for the buck you can get a Sandisk 240GB for $84.99, or a 480GB for $179, which is a damn good deal for a decent amount of space.

I wouldn't mind having another SSD but between my One and games I've gotten through sales, I've spent enough money on me this holiday season. ;p

If FC4 isn't a dealbreaker and you just want more bang for the buck you can get a Sandisk 240GB for $84.99, or a 480GB for $179, which is a damn good deal for a decent amount of space.

I wouldn't mind having another SSD but between my One and games I've gotten through sales, I've spent enough money on me this holiday season. ;p

I already bit. Getting 250GB of SSD space for basically $40 was just too good to pass up. $99 is already good for a Samsung SSD and the free copy of Far Cry put it over the top.

Yup. It was cheaper and more importantly, I don't have a One Kinect. I tried out the demo and the detection and everything seemed spot on enough. I also got it for my girls. They still get a kick out of Dance Central and I think they may like this one too since they just need to focus on the top half of their body.

One way or another, I'll eventually need to get a current gen console. Checking the Amazon link, I see two of the biggest releases I was interested in this fall (Shadow of Mordor and now Dragon Age Inquisition) are plagued by graphics issues, bugs, and crashes on last gen consoles. Some are even saying the graphics in DAI on PS3 are PS2 quality, worse than DA Origins!

Looking at the Square Enix sale, I'm happy to report I already "own" almost every PS3 title that interests me thanks to PS Plus (Saints Row III, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Metro Last Night, Hitman Absolution and soon Trilogy). I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see Thief and Murdered Soul Suspect added to the IGC as PS4 and/or PS3 entries. If I didn't have such a backlog, I'd be willing to double dip and grab Deus Ex Director's Cut for $8.

Honestly you should try and jump into the current gen of consoles now. Last gen is now becoming an afterthought as developers are no longer porting current to next, but rather "down porting" or just flat out releasing different/inferior versions. The WWE2K series also had this happen this year, where the past and current gen versions were two completely different games (and both apparently sucked, or at least the current gen one did.) There's a bunch of good deals this season for both consoles, although I think the One deals are better IMO. If you're still hesitant I'd say then you should use this time to work through your backlog, as any "new" games you get will just be made up of inferior ports.

Honestly you should try and jump into the current gen of consoles now. Last gen is now becoming an afterthought as developers are no longer porting current to next, but rather "down porting" or just flat out releasing different/inferior versions. The WWE2K series also had this happen this year, where the past and current gen versions were two completely different games (and both apparently sucked, or at least the current gen one did.) There's a bunch of good deals this season for both consoles, although I think the One deals are better IMO. If you're still hesitant I'd say then you should use this time to work through your backlog, as any "new" games you get will just be made up of inferior ports.

Agreed. I wouldn't waste time playing the PS3 version of things like Dragon Age Inquisition or Shadow of Mordor. If you still have a lot of old games to play and you are fine with waiting go ahead. That being said, the Xbox One is scheduled to go back to $400 after the holidays and the PS4 may go back to being sold without bundled in games soon. Sony certainly hasn't been as aggressive with their bundles as Microsoft but both may be done with their holiday deals soon. I kind of think it's one of the best possible times to get either system.

Microsoft is currently leading the way with exclusives but that's partially because all of Sony's holiday games got pushed into 2015. At this point there are lots of decent games to play on either system.

As if my Madden 15 inferior down-port experience wasn't bad enough, I'm definitely seeing that as a rule rather than an exception now with new cross-gen releases; though, I had been telling myself I wouldn't go next gen merely for prettier graphics, all else being equal and I didn't have a huge wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket. I do have enough backlog to keep me busy for awhile and will certainly abandon all thought of buying any new releases for PS3 in spite of some of the deals this holiday season.

Part of my thinking on this BF's bundles is to hold off until I can get a game with it that I genuinely want to play and is ready to by played (i.e., no glitchy messes) now, and hopefully by then, my financial situation will have improved. About every other week, my local Frys advertises a PS4 bundle with one free game, so it's only a matter of time before that game falls into the must-have-and-play-now category for me. The Xbox One deal right now is extremely enticing, especially with Target throwing in a $25 XBL card along with the $329 AC Unity bundle. But I'll likely never be a two platform household, and I'm not ready to abandon all my favorite Playstation exclusive franchises or the scores of free Plus games I have in my download queue for Ps4/PS3/Vita that will disappear once I let my sub expire.

Ubisoft is having an interesting deal, with a Buy One Get One free. What's interesting is that the barrier to entry is rather low. You can pick up a copy of Lara Croft & the Temple of the Osiris for $17.99 and then get a game like Watch Dogs, Far Cry 3, South Park, Assassins Creed 4, and various others for free. Also, apparently this works where teh game you buy doesn't have to be a PC game (but the game you "get" has to be on PC.)

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/html/pbPage.BOGO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)