Video Game Deals

You can get the entire PC collection of Saints Row (including ALL the DLC) for $13.74. Definitely worth it, although sadly you can just disregard Saints Row 2 in the package, but 3 and 4 (the complete versions) are more than worth it. This deal expires at 1am EST on Tuesday.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/saintsrowultimate_franchisepack_storefront

Speaking of the Humble Store, they also have Valiant Hearts: The Great War for 50% off today.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/valianthearts_greatwar_storefront

Reactions: king3pj
Week 3 (or should I say "weak 3") of the PSN Holiday Sale. At least Child of Light is 50% off on all systems for Plus members, and perhaps more importantly, 50% off on Playstation Pets!

It would have been cool if they offered a nice discount on the season pass for Advanced Warfare. Now that I look at it though, they only took 25% off the base game. I wouldn't pay $37.50 if they took that same 25% off their ridiculous $50 season pass price anyways.

Edit: Duck Dynasty at $26.99 for PS Plus members is a steal.

I

Interesting. It looks like you get two free games (TLOU + one other) with or without camera for the same price. Not that there's any reason to have a PS4 camera, but hey, if they're giving them away...

OK. I pulled the trigger. When I put the camera bundle in my cart, I got the notice that I qualified for both a code for TLOU and the choice of one other free game. Now to decide between LBP3 and FC4. Oy!

OK. I pulled the trigger. When I put the camera bundle in my cart, I got the notice that I qualified for both a code for TLOU and the choice of one other free game. Now to decide between LBP3 and FC4. Oy!

I think LBP games are charming but I have zero interest in creating my own stuff and only a little interest in playing other people's user generated content. That basically leaves me with the single player campaign.

For me that would be an easy choice. Far Cry 4 is a game with tons of content and it will certainly show off your new hardware way more than LBP will.

I think LBP games are charming but I have zero interest in creating my own stuff and only a little interest in playing other people's user generated content. That basically leaves me with the single player campaign.

For me that would be an easy choice. Far Cry 4 is a game with tons of content and it will certainly show off your new hardware way more than LBP will.

That's what I was thinking. I've been a huge fan of LBP, but in some ways I feel over it. I also no longer have anyone to play local co-op with as I did with LBP1/2. Not to mention LBP3 (just as every other LBP game has proven) is a prime candidate for being offered free for Plus members one day.

Far Cry 4 on the other hand (even though Far Cry games have never really been on my radar) is that true next/current-gen game I was hoping to get in a bundle deal. It's gotten solid reviews and is set in a part of the world I love seeing and exploring (the same Himalayan region much of Uncharted 2 was set in).

CoD: AW is $39.99 on Amazon for PS4. If they just went down to $29.99 I'd be all over it, but I can understand why they aren't.

Amazon product ASIN B00MU1YEE0
Actually this has inspired me. I'm going to go and trade in my old Wii (which literally hasn't been used since 2012) and various old games to Gamestop and pick up a copy of AW today after work. Still debating which version, but I'll likely get the PS4 version just because I have progress on it.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you know after my Amazon order already shipped I came across a much better deal. Through Dec. 20, by going to Target's Cartwheel, you can get a 15% off coupon for any PS4 console bundle, including the Black Friday bundles, depending on your local stores' availability. There are also a couple of other PS related deals on Cartwheel right now. I guess I was really supposed to have a PS4 camera so I could live stream my scintillating gaming sessions. lol

I think you still made off pretty well. For the price of a PS4 you got 2 free games and a camera. Maybe you can set up a Twitch channel.

Wouldn't you know after my Amazon order already shipped I came across a much better deal. Through Dec. 20, by going to Target's Cartwheel, you can get a 15% off coupon for any PS4 console bundle, including the Black Friday bundles, depending on your local stores' availability. There are also a couple of other PS related deals on Cartwheel right now. I guess I was really supposed to have a PS4 camera so I could live stream my scintillating gaming sessions. lol

I think you still made off pretty well. For the price of a PS4 you got 2 free games and a camera. Maybe you can set up a Twitch channel.

I haven't found much use for my camera so far but I would still go with the Amazon offer over those Target deals. TLoU and GTA V isn't bad but I think TLoU and Far Cry 4 is more appealing. Not only that but the camera is normally $60 and you got that for free. If you are a fan of dance or exercise games it's supposed to be pretty decent.

I haven't found much use for my camera so far but I would still go with the Amazon offer over those Target deals. TLoU and GTA V isn't bad but I think TLoU and Far Cry 4 is more appealing. Not only that but the camera is normally $60 and you got that for free. If you are a fan of dance or exercise games it's supposed to be pretty decent.

I do have two working Move controllers and see that I did indeed put Sportsfriends in my download queue when it was free for Plus members, so I'll have that and Playroom. I would buy exercise games if any are ever released for PS4, but I don't see any on the horizon (I really can't dance). I'm also looking into the possibility of live-streaming non-gaming related content as a means of promoting my business (freelance writer or editor). Though I wouldn't get nearly the number of views (if any) as the not-exactly attractive women on there who dress in revealing costumes and talk nonsense for a couple of hours, perhaps I could offer free writing/grammar lessons with a gaming twist--keeping it fun and light. Not exactly the right demographic I know, but just a thought. If anything, I would get some practice teaching in preparation for a possible career move.

Last edited:
The Steam Holiday Sale starts this afternoon. Hopefully they were holding back their best deals for this one because I didn't see much to jump on during their sale over Black Friday weekend.

The Steam Holiday Sale starts this afternoon. Hopefully they were holding back their best deals for this one because I didn't see much to jump on during their sale over Black Friday weekend.
Don't forget this handy flow chart.
tumblr_nfo1crDsNA1rrcih9o1_500.jpg

Don't forget this handy flow chart.
tumblr_nfo1crDsNA1rrcih9o1_500.jpg

That's definitely true. Even though just about everything is already on sale, if it's it not a daily deal, flash sale, or community choice sale it will be cheaper at some point during the holiday sale.

You could also ignore it all completely until the last day because just about everything is available at the best price point it was listed at during the Holiday Sale.

Square Enix is having a sale on all their Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior games for mobile devices. From December 19 to January 5, all (or at least most) of the games in these series' are 50% off. I may pick up Final Fantasy IV (AKA Final Fantasy II here) as it was the first FF game I played to completion and that I REALLY enjoyed.

Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger are also available.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/19/7421067/final-fantasy-ios-android-holiday-sale-2015

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238010/

I just picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut from the Steam sale. It was 80% off at $3.99 and the money I have gotten from selling off the free inventory stuff Steam constantly gave me over the last couple months was probably enough to pay for this.

I mentioned before that I passed on this game even when I saw it listed for $7 or so because I already got it free from PS Plus. I have done some reading on the director's cut version since then though and it sounds like in addition to included DLC and improved graphics they changed things up to make the game play better. Not only that but I rarely use my PS3 these days and I'm much more likely to actually play this game now that I have it on PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)