Video Game Deals

True but don't forget, as of last I heard the performance is still nerfed regardless of your system. Hell Look at how it is for TotalBiscuit, and he has a Titan Dual SLI configuration..

That looks awful. I checked out the Steam forums before making the switch to PC though. It sounds like the most recent patch finally got the performance issues straightened out for most people. I wouldn't know myself because I'm still downloading the 50GB installation file.

To be honest, I think I would have rather had Rogue than Unity because I liked the pirate setting in Black Flag. Not only that but it doesn't seem to be plagued by all the issues Unity has. Only the PS3/360 version was included in this sale though and I no longer have those systems hooked up.

I haven't heard anything about the PS4 version of Unity getting patched for 1080p as was done for Black Flag. In fact, one of the developers claimed the PS4 couldn't even run Unity at 1080p/30fps. Not sure if I believe it just because of all the flak Ubisoft got for the announcement that the specs would be locked for both consoles.

Evolve is the Amazon DOTD at $40.

You realize this game has only been out for 6 weeks and it already has a 33% discount?

Also, The Order 1886 is $40. This has been out for barely 1 month..

You can get the entire Elder Scrolls Anthology (5 games) for $20.

It should be noted that you can actually get Elder Scrolls 1 & 2 for free from Bethesda.

Finally, the classic Postal is on sale at Steam for $0.49. Actually 2 was on sale as of yesterday for like $1.49 but it appears that it went back to regular price for some reason.

Last edited:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros is $10 on Steam. I'm still hesitant to jump into Metal Gear at this point since I've never played the previous games but If this price keeps dropping I may have to finally pull the trigger.

TRUST ME, you don't need to play ALL the MGS games. I lost track of the story somewhere around MGS 3.

$10 is a good price for what MGSV:GZ is, but what it is is basically a demo for Phantom Pain. Angry Joe gives a pretty good assessment of it from the perspective of someone new to the series.

The only games I'd suggest that you really need to play would be Metal Gear Solid, the original, and Metal Gear Solid 3. Solid because it's a good intro to the series and is just a really fun game in general, and 3 because it's considered to be the best in the series (and I don't see much to protest that statement.) MGS you can get on the PSN for your PS3 for $10, which I think is a very reasonable price given how fun of a game it is, but it also wouldn't be hard to find and emulate. As far as 3 goes, well you basically have to get a metal gear collection, either the HD collection which only has 2, 3 and Peace Walker, or the Legacy Collection which has every MGS known to man. I say you at least try out MGS because it really is a classic. Yeah it's dated and not exactly a master stealth game, but it's one of my favorites. I've played through it multiple times and each time it's slightly different. And there's a great number of easter eggs and humorous moments as well.

I already put my PS3 away and I probably won't set it back up just for old Metal Gear Games. I would buy the HD collection on Vita if I saw it for a good price but that collection only includes 2 and 3. Not sure why they couldn't include 1 in that package. If I can get over my need to play previous games before the newest one I might pick up MGS V but for now I'll continue to ignore them.

It's a Sega Weekend on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/sega_publisher_weekend_2015/
$12.49 for Alien: Isolation is pretty damn appealing, although that backlog..

That price is very tempting. The last thing I need during my busy season at work is to go home and play a nerve-racking game in the hour or so per night I get to relax. Right now light-hearted games like Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 4 are fitting the bill pretty nicely so I think I'll continue to wait on this game.

That price is very tempting. The last thing I need during my busy season at work is to go home and play a nerve-racking game in the hour or so per night I get to relax. Right now light-hearted games like Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 4 are fitting the bill pretty nicely so I think I'll continue to wait on this game.

I love your definition of "light-hearted games."

Reactions: king3pj
Actually upon further review, I think I may jump on the 2010 Alien Vs Predator game instead. Got some pretty good reviews and it's 3 different playstyles. It's just a little sad that since it's so old, the multiplayer modes are likely dead, although maybe that'll change with this sale, as you can get the game and all the map packs for $6.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10680/

I love your definition of "light-hearted games."

Probably "Less stressful and tense" would be a better phrase.

haha... point taken. Yeah, I guess games where you mow down thousands of enemies probably don't fit the definition of light-hearted. They certainly aren't stressful though. They both empower you enough to make the mayhem pure fun and mowing down those bad guys is a perfect way to unwind at the end of a long day.

Hiding in locker from a terrifying alien who will jam it's tail through my chest every time I make a mistake is not going to help me unwind. I love the movies though and I bought the awesome blu-ray box set as soon as it came out. Maybe this summer or fall I will be ready to take on the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/26/xbox-games-with-gold-in-april-includes-child-of-light

April's Games With Gold have been announced.

Xbox One
Child of Light
Pool Nation FX

Xbox 360
Gears of War: Judgement
Terraria
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Nothing for me here. Child of Light is cool but I already bought it on PC and I think it was free on PS Plus. 360 has a pretty good month with Gears of War and Assassin's Creed but I've already played them both and I no longer have a 360.

haha... point taken. Yeah, I guess games where you mow down thousands of enemies probably don't fit the definition of light-hearted. They certainly aren't stressful though. They both empower you enough to make the mayhem pure fun and mowing down those bad guys is a perfect way to unwind at the end of a long day.

Don't get me wrong. I'm right there with you. After a stressful and tiring day at work, I love nothing more than running around and blowing up sh*t in a game filled with dark silly humor, well exemplified by the two games you mention. For others, "light-hearted" might be a Kirby game. It's all relative to what makes you feel "light-hearted."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/26/xbox-games-with-gold-in-april-includes-child-of-light

Xbox One
Child of Light
Pool Nation FX

Xbox 360
Terraria
They're doubling the number of games from 2 to 4 for 360 and 1 to 2 for Xbone? Guess they're trying to keep up with PS+. Love seeing Microsoft in second place, they tend to give more away in that position. :D

Xbox One
Child of Light
Pool Nation FX

Xbox 360
Terraria

Nothing for me here. Child of Light is cool but I already bought it on PC and I think it was free on PS Plus. 360 has a pretty good month with Gears of War and Assassin's Creed but I've already played them both and I no longer have a 360.

I think I may pick up Judgement and try and finish that off. I only played it for a few hours and I'm in the mood to play that fun old cover shooting, and don't feel like picking up another copy of the other games, even though a quick glance on Amazon shows I could net all 3 for like $10.

They're doubling the number of games from 2 to 4 for 360 and 1 to 2 for Xbone? Guess they're trying to keep up with PS+. Love seeing Microsoft in second place, they tend to give more away in that position. :D

The article mentions that they included the extra games because they passed the 100 million games downloaded over Xbox Live mark. I would expect it to go back to normal next month.

I think I may pick up Judgement and try and finish that off. I only played it for a few hours and I'm in the mood to play that fun old cover shooting, and don't feel like picking up another copy of the other games, even though a quick glance on Amazon shows I could net all 3 for like $10.

It's solidly in 4th place among the Gears of War games in my book. Still, it does some cool things and I had fun playing it. The story is told in a trial where you are recalling past events. This allows a mechanic where you can remember things a little differently for a more epic story and tougher challenge. On top of that, it only took me 5 or 6 hours to beat the whole game. Even if it is the worst game in a very sold Gears franchise it doesn't require a big time investment.

The Forza Horizon 2: Fast and Furious edition is free until April 10, 2015 for Gold members of Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

One

Cool, I'll download this and give it a try. I had a decent time with Forza 5 but I'm not really a big racing game fan. I have been waiting for a good deal on the more arcadey Forza Horizon 2 because I think that would be more up my alley. This obviously isn't the full experience but it will give me a free way to see if I even want to bother with Horizon 2.

GMG has a bunch of games on sale this weekend. One interesting one is something they are calling the Borderlands Handsome Bundle. The real Handsome Collection only came to PS4 and Xbox One so it looks like GMG made up their own for PC. It costs the same $60 and it comes with BL 2 GOTY and The Pre-Sequel plus Season Pass. This isn't really a deal because every part of the bundle has been offered cheaper on it's own but I still thought it was interesting.

There are some actual deals though. There is a Bethesda sale.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/bethesda-titles/

Nordic Sale
http://www.greenmangaming.com/nordic-deals/

Rockstar Sale
http://www.greenmangaming.com/rockstar-titles/

And finally some general weekend deals including a Bioshock triple pack for $11.89.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/#link1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/27/playstation-store-weekend-deal-offers-10-percent-discount

If you use the promo code LQ8ERDQH3A at checkout in the PSN store this weekend you will get 10% off your entire cart. Just like when they did this for the PSN outage over Christmas this doesn't apply to pre-orders. Unfortunately you can't take advantage of this deal to get 10% off all your pre-orders for the rest of the year.

I kind of hesitated to even post this one because 10% off will only save you $6 on a typical $60 game. I suppose it's still a deal though.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)