Video Game Deals

Unlike Madden, which even a non-gamer girl-friend of mine was able to pick up and play after a brief tutorial (she almost beat me in fact, but only because I promised not to blitz).
Reminds me (ironically) of the old Blitz game. That was the only one my dad liked playing because the AI was SOOOO one sided for the player that was losing, so I'd be kicking his butt in the first half and then the second half would be COMPLETELY turned around because the game basically played for him. My running game was shot, and 95% of all my passes would be intercepted (through no intervention from my dad of course.) The amount of frustration I would feel from lack of production (along with my dad's celebrating and bragging) was unreal. Fun, but very frustrating.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/deepsilver/

The Humble Store is having a Deep Silver sale this weekend. Deep Silver games are discounted all the time so you have probably seen most of these deals before. The reason I mentioned it is because I'm grabbing the Game of The Century upgrade for Saints Row IV for $2.49. You have to have the base game in order to make this upgrade or you can just buy the Game of the Century edition for $7.49.

I have been meaning to restart this game for a while because I only played a couple hours of it and it and that was months ago. Turning the base game into the Game of the Century edition for $2.49 seems like a pretty good deal.

For $2.49 that's a great f***ing deal. Not only do you get the Season Pass stuff but you get all the other DLC packages of costumes/weapons as well. Seriously folks, for $7.49 for my GOTY of 2014, you can't go wrong.

Origin is having a big Spring sale. The most noteworthy item is that Dragon Age: Inquisition is 50% off.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/on-sale?q=#88

For anyone who hasn't played the game $30 is a good price for the amount of content you are getting.

I really want to buy that game so I can play the DLC. If I knew I was going to upgrade my GPU I would have bought it on PC but I didn't know how well it would run on my old one so I rented on PS4. I also didn't know there was going to be a timed exclusive on the DLC for PC and Xbox One or I would have played it on Xbox One instead.

My playthough took 70+ hours so I won't be switching platforms unless I can use the Dragon Age Keep website to transfer my progress. I do see that many of my choices I made in the game are filled in there so that part may be doable. I really doubt I can transfer my actual character and progress (unlocked skills, player level, etc...) to another platform though.

Last edited:
Normally I'm against preorders, unless there's a VERY compelling one, such as an insane early discount like this, or if you get something free as well, like when Activision gave preorders of Guitar Hero 5 a FREE copy of the unreleased Guitar Hero Van Halen (Seriously, I probably would not have purchased 5 had it not been for the inclusion of Van Halen.) Bundle Stars is having a very interesting preorder for the new Mortal Kombat X game. It's a bundle that includes MK X, the Goro DLC (that lets you play as Goro) AND a copy of Mortal Kombat Komplete (the last one that was released.) And it's all for $44.99. That's cheaper than MK X by itself, and $15 off would have been a good deal as well. As a comparison, to buy all that stuff on Steam now would cost about $80. The sale expires at 12pm Tomorrow (Friday, April 10.)

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/mortal-kombat-x-special-kombo-pack/

Not to be outdone, Steam is also having a sale in anticipation of the new Mortal Kombat X, where you can get Injustice: Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat Komplete for $5 each. I'll be jumping on the MK for $5. Hell if the story mode can keep me entertained for 6 hours like Angry Joe claims in his review (where he gave it a 9) then it will have definitely earned it's keep in my book. Also Injustice is very good, assuming you haven't picked it up during it's other numerous sales (and giveaways on consoles.)

MKK

I:GAU

Last edited:
I really thought we would get a nice deal on Tell Tale's Game of Thrones sometime this week to go with the season premiere on Sunday. PSN is running a discount but it looks like you have to buy episode 1 for $3.49 and the season pass for $17.49.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/game-of-thrones-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GAMEOFTHRONESALE

I was thinking maybe Steam would do a Tell Tale weekend but the weekend deals have been announced without Tell Tale now. I'm still hoping for a daily deal on Steam for better than the $21 Sony wants but I was kind of looking forward to playing the first 3 episodes before watching the season premier on Sunday. Now I'm starting to think they are going to wait until Sunday to make it the daily deal.

Last edited:
After some further reading on Reddit it looks like the Season Pass includes episode 1 on PS4. I knew that was the way it worked on TWD Season 1 and 2 when I bought them on PS3. I got burned with Tales from the Borderlands when I jumped on what I thought was a good deal for the Season Pass on Xbox One. After I bought it I was surprised to see that I was still required to buy episode one for $5.

For future reference with Telltale games, PSN includes everything in the season pass. Xbox Live treats episode 1 as the base game and the season pass as DLC. It makes it look cheaper on Xbox One when they are the same price in reality.

If it doesn't end up being a daily deal on Steam over the weekend I will probably end up buying it on PSN for $17.49.

The GoT season pass is tempting now that I know it's for six episodes instead of five. I'm halfway through book 4 of Song of Fire and Ice, and I've watched season 3 of the HBO series, so I assume I'm up to date as far as the timeline the Telltale game takes place in.

The GoT season pass is tempting now that I know it's for six episodes instead of five. I'm halfway through book 4 of Song of Fire and Ice, and I've watched season 3 of the HBO series, so I assume I'm up to date as far as the timeline the Telltale game takes place in.

Yeah, the base price for this one is $29.99 instead of the normal $24.99 due to the extra episode so that PSN deal is about 40% off. I have been looking for deals on this game pretty actively and that is the lowest price I have seen so far on any platform. Telltale doesn't seem to be offering discounts on Game of Thrones and Tales From the Borderlands as quickly as they did for TWD and TWAU.

I'm definitely buying the game this weekend. I just can't imagine it not being the Steam daily deal on Sunday so I'm waiting to see what they offer first.

Well, Steam's daily deals have been announced for today and still no discount on Game of Thrones. I really thought they would do something to promote it alongside the Season 5 premiere on HBO tonight. I guess I'll be taking advantage of the $17.49 sale price on PS4 sometime this afternoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)