Video Game Deals

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/

Thief is the Steam daily deal at $5.99. I rented the game and sent it back after the first time I played it to get something better but at that price I'm a little tempted to buy it. I'm not going too because I will probably never get around to playing it but I did think about it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/

Thief is the Steam daily deal at $5.99. I rented the game and sent it back after the first time I played it to get something better but at that price I'm a little tempted to buy it. I'm not going too because I will probably never get around to playing it but I did think about it.
It's not just the rebooted Thief. You can get the that, all the DLC, and you get Thief 1 and 2 as well for $8.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/49972/

Lots of cross-buy and of course "indie" games in May's PS Plus free offerings, giving us 5 PS4 games in total!

Guacamelee (PS4)
Ether One (PS4)
The Unfinished Swan (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Race the Sun (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Hohokum (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Murasaki Baby (Vita)

I own The Unfinished Swan, and it's definitely worth playing. I knew Murasaki Baby would come to Plus, so I'm glad I never bought it. Ether One looks interesting. I'm always game for an adventure/puzzle game. The others I'll pass. Guacamelee just isn't my kind of game. I played it for a couple of hours during the PS Now Beta and got a sense of why it got so many favorable reviews. I just hate beat em ups and executing combos -- I'm just not any good at it to be honest.

EDIT: Watching the video, I think I'll probably give Hohokum a shot too.

Lots of cross-buy and of course "indie" games in May's PS Plus free offerings, giving us 5 PS4 games in total!

Guacamelee (PS4)
Ether One (PS4)
The Unfinished Swan (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Race the Sun (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Hohokum (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Murasaki Baby (Vita)

I own The Unfinished Swan, and it's definitely worth playing. I knew Murasaki Baby would come to Plus, so I'm glad I never bought it. Ether One looks interesting. I'm always game for an adventure/puzzle game. The others I'll pass. Guacamelee just isn't my kind of game. I played it for a couple of hours during the PS Now Beta and got a sense of why it got so many favorable reviews. I just hate beat em ups and executing combos -- I'm just not any good at it to be honest.

EDIT: Watching the video, I think I'll probably give Hohokum a shot too.

I don't know much about most of these games but I don't see myself playing any of them. I have Race the Sun on PC and it's a decent, lightweight distraction that might be good on Vita but I probably won't spend anymore time with it.

Guacamelee is a good game but I already played that last time they offered it free on PS Plus a year or two ago. Instead of offering the PS4 version with some DLC this month they should have just made it cross-buy like the PS3/Vita version they already gave us.

I have heard people talk about Hohokum and Unfinished Swan but I realistically won't ever get to them.

Steam is featuring Saints Row in their weekend deals. You can get a bundle with 2, 3, and 4 and all the DLC for $13.74. Gat out of Hell is not included in that bundle but it is available for $13.39 on its own. You can also buy Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition on its own for $7.49.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/saintsrowsale/

There is also a big Activision weekend sale. There is lots of stuff included in this and they are doing a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare free multiplayer weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/activision/

Seems like something is wrong with Steam because it's not letting me purchase anything. I get to the Payment Info screen and then it says There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance. I keep trying but it keeps popping that up. Maybe their servers are getting hammered or something although I find that hard to believe. I mean this is a good sale, but it's nothing Earth Shattering.

http://majornelson.com/2015/04/29/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-may-2015/

Here are the Games With Gold for May. Just like with PS Plus there isn't really anything I'm excited about this month.

Xbox One
Castle Storm: Definitive Edition
Pool Nation FX (they are keeping this one up for another month)

Xbox 360
Mafia II
Formula 1 2013

I noticed that carryover for Xbox One and reading in their forums, seems like that is more the norm, I'm a little disappointed in how they approach those 'free' games considering they are a higher priced subscription service compared to PS Plus.

Seems like something is wrong with Steam because it's not letting me purchase anything. I get to the Payment Info screen and then it says There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance. I keep trying but it keeps popping that up. Maybe their servers are getting hammered or something although I find that hard to believe. I mean this is a good sale, but it's nothing Earth Shattering.

Weird, I have had something similar happen during their summer or holiday sales but this isn't close to that big.

I noticed that carryover for Xbox One and reading in their forums, seems like that is more the norm, I'm a little disappointed in how they approach those 'free' games considering they are a higher priced subscription service compared to PS Plus.

As someone with both consoles I have certainly gotten way more value from the PS Plus free games than the Games with Gold free games. It was a much more impressive lineup last generation but I have still gotten quite a bit of use out of games like Binding of Isaac, Don't Starve, Injustice: God's Among us, Rogue Legacy and inFamous: First Light on PS4. It seems like every 2 or 3 months I get one game I really like and I ignore the rest.

Until Rayman Legends was added to Games with Gold recently I hadn't really spent any time with any of the games added to that service. There have been some nice 360 games added over the last year but I no longer have that console. In my experience PS Plus typically offers more, and higher quality, games than GWG.

In other news, I just left my local target. They had Far Cry 4(PS4/Xbox One/PC) for $30, Assassin's Creed Unity(PS4, Xbox One, PC) for $20, and Destiny(PS4, Xbox One) for $30. They were also packing in Destiny for free if you buy The Last of Us PS4 console bundle.

Weird, I have had something similar happen during their summer or holiday sales but this isn't close to that big.

As someone with both consoles I have certainly gotten way more value from the PS Plus free games than the Games with Gold free games. It was a much more impressive lineup last generation but I have still gotten quite a bit of use out of games like Binding of Isaac, Don't Starve, Injustice: God's Among us, Rogue Legacy and inFamous: First Light on PS4. It seems like every 2 or 3 months I get one game I really like and I ignore the rest.

Until Rayman Legends was added to Games with Gold recently I hadn't really spent any time with any of the games added to that service. There have been some nice 360 games added over the last year but I no longer have that console. In my experience PS Plus typically offers more, and higher quality, games than GWG.

In other news, I just left my local target. They had Far Cry 4(PS4/Xbox One/PC) for $30, Assassin's Creed Unity(PS4, Xbox One, PC) for $20, and Destiny(PS4, Xbox One) for $30. They were also packing in Destiny for free if you buy The Last of Us PS4 console bundle.

Offering at least two free games for three different systems definitely adds to the value of PS Plus for those who have all systems. But even if you don't, more than half the time the free games can be played on more than one system (usually PS4/Vita).

As I pointed out above, PS4 owners get 5 free games for May (while Vita gets 4 and PS3 gets 3). Granted they aren't blockbuster AAA titles, but they certainly aren't terrible games. The worst that could be said about some of them is that they were way overpriced when first released, given their length and amount of content. Of course everyone's tastes and gaming priorities are different and will see the value aspect accordingly.

Offering at least two free games for three different systems definitely adds to the value of PS Plus for those who have all systems. But even if you don't, more than half the time the free games can be played on more than one system (usually PS4/Vita).

As I pointed out above, PS4 owners get 5 free games for May (while Vita gets 4 and PS3 gets 3). Granted they aren't blockbuster AAA titles, but they certainly aren't terrible games. The worst that could be said about some of them is that they were way overpriced when first released, given their length and amount of content. Of course everyone's tastes and gaming priorities are different and will see the value aspect accordingly.

Good point. The PS4 getting 5 free games this month mean's the odds are higher that there will be something you like. With the Xbox One offering 1 new game per month those odds go way down.

http://smile.amazon.com/Video-Games...d_p=2080287962&pf_rd_i=468642&tag=satell01-20

Every so often I check out the video game deals page at Amazon. The often have better deals than other sources. Right now there are some decent deals available but you might not know it from looking at their list of popular deals. For the last couple weeks it seems like every time I look there are 5 or 6 Disney Infinity toys for every 1 game on the list. Between that and all the third party peripherals they have made it a pain to scroll through their game deals. It would be nice if they would make separate lists for games and accessories so it wasn't so hard to see which games are on sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)