Viggle - Directv partnership

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Support Forum' started by dishfan82, Sep 7, 2012.

1. dishfan82

dishfan82 Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

The viggle app is cool because they reward you for watching tv. They have teamed up with directv.

2. jcrandall

jcrandall Proud Staff Member
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

http://www.viggle.com/?latest=viggle-and-directv-make-watching-television-even-more-rewarding

Seem's pretty corny to me, but perhaps it is someones cup of tea.

Looks like use a phone app to get points for watching TV, and eventually you can get enough for a free PPV movie coupon, $5 gift card, etc.

$5 reward is around 7500 points, most "bonus" shows earn 100 points, not sure what you earn for 'regular viewing' but probably less.

That's a whole lot of TV watching and phone app clicking to make $5, for someone like me, it would take months.

3. dcn66100

dcn66100 Member

It actually ads up quick since you can watch extra adds on the app which can give 75 points for a 30 second commercial.

4. JerryVolunteer

JerryVolunteer Active SatelliteGuys Member

I got 800 points yesterday so it adds up quick.

5. robiharv

robiharv New Member

Sounds interesting to me. I will check it out.

6. ETS

ETS Member

Ive been using Viggle since January got a total of $310 worth of Amazon gift cards.

Viggle has changed alot since they launched in Jan. Started with 2 points per minute(now 1 point per minute), Viggle Live 25-200 points for each correct or incorrect(now 1-10 for correct or incorrect). Amazon had $5 gift cards for 2000 points now $25 gift cards for 62500 points. They added alot of Audio able check in channels since Jan. alot after the DirecTV deal. You can't manualy check into shows 1 hour or more(unless they are sports but not PPV Sports like WWE, TNA, UFC). They now have a limit of points you can get a day 6000(TV points, bonus points, ad points, etc.) and a time limit 720 minutes/12 Hours) in 24 hours you can get points for watching TV.

But I love the App, free money just for watching TV! So far the DirecTV bonus points have been for watching HBO/Showtime TV Series or Movies on the weekend(Boss, Weeds, a movie), & checking into a Sunday Ticket game. Hopefully like DirecTV does with GetGlue & Miso, I hope Viggle will have a app right on the DirecTV box where we can check into what we are watching w/o having to audio check in

7. Mo Fly

Mo Fly Member

just saw a commercial for this yesterday. first i've heard of it. anybody using this lately? is it worth the hassle?

8. JerryVolunteer

JerryVolunteer Active SatelliteGuys Member

I was using it but not anymore. Too much hassle now

9. ETS

ETS Member

I still use it, it works good, just rewards are not updated often. I like only the Amazon cards and they sell out quick and seem to only be restocked every 6 months anymore. They always have Best Buy gift cards but there for online only. They have DirecTV PPV Movie rentals as a reward tho(I never picked one yet)

10. jcrandall

jcrandall Proud Staff Member
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

I used it for about two months and got a free PPV coupon, which was mostly due to the free signup points that covered over half of it.

So, it took me a couple months to earn half a PPV movie. BTW, after the order the coupon came in about 6 weeks, so not quick, but the credit to my account was very fast after I mailed it.

Anyhow, I deleted the app, not work my effort for a free movie every 3-4 months.

11. Mo Fly

Mo Fly Member

thanks for the responses. probly not worth the hassle for me.

12. coolman302003

coolman302003 Member
    Pub Member / Supporter

I've been using Viggle since September 2012 right around the time of the partnership with DirecTV, and I have over 114K points currently.

VigLink badge
Sucuri