VIP 222k only see 119

dwdish

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
california
Hi all,

About a week ago, my sister complained that her 222k receiver started acting up. It constantly give her a message that signal is lost and to call support on multiple channels. I just had a opportunity to drop by and check it out today.

Her setup:
Dish 1000+ with a DPP44 switch.
1 VIP 211 connected to output 1 on the DPP4 with a power inserter
1 VIP 222k connected to output 2 on the DPP4 (2 diplexers to combine cable modem)

The 211 has no issue and can see all the satellites and get all the appropriate channels.

Troubleshooting done so far:

1. Reset VIP 222k (unplug & replug back)
2. Ran check switch which went from 1 thru 50 on tuner1. tuner2 stay 1 of 1
- It only see 119 sat on 1st slot for both turner1 & turner2. 118, 110 & 129 is not detected
- For the switch type, it show nothing in turner1 and DP on turner2
3. Tested using my own 222k.
- Same exact result.
4. Move the connection from output2 to output3 on the DPP44
- Same result
5. Remove 1 diplexer at the DPP44 (I believe I connected it to output2)
- Successfully detected all 4 satellites
6. Replace the diplexer with a new one at the DPP44
- Problem occurs again
7. Remove new diplexer at the DPP44
- Problem still there
8. Remove the diplexer at the 222k (so no diplexers in between the switch and the receiver)
- Problem still there
9. Put both diplexers back and connected to output3
- Same result

I'm thinking it either is a bad DPP44 (but only on output 2 thru 4) or a problem with the line between the DPP44 and the 222k. The only thing I haven't try it to move the 222k to output1 with the power inserter.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

That was the only piece of troubleshooting I did not see performed. If that doesn't correct the issue I would first look at the lines to the receiver before moving on to the DPP44

It's working again now but it's weird why.

1. I reset the DDP as suggested. Power off all receivers, unplug the power inserter. Plug it back the power inserter and all the receivers.
- Still the same problem for the 222k, 211 still ok.
2. Move the power inserter to the 222k, remove both diplexers on that line and plug it to output1 of the DDP4. No other output connected.
- 222k is good after a check switch. Reboot receiver and still ok.
3. Use a coupler to bridge the line for the 211 and plug it into the output2 on the DPP44
- 222k & 211 both good
4. Shut everything down and plug both diplexers on the 222k line that goes to output1
- Both receivers are still good

We'll see how long it stay working. I'm going to have a dedicated line run to the 222k so it doesn't have to use the diplexers just in case.

Anyway, thanks for the assistance Jason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)