ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

jcrash said:
Is this still stickied?

Anyway, I have weird issues with 622 timers. If the same program comes on the same channel at different times, attempting to set more than one timer on the program causes one timer to never go off and show up with the red X in the guide.

For example, the Today show comes on here from 7-9am and then the third hour is from 10-11am. I cannot record the third hour.
Click on the X event then hit Restore, 2 options click on the option and the problem is solved... Also covered in the How to's Here

Attachments

• Restore timer 1.JPG
    Restore timer 1.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Restore timer 2.JPG
    Restore timer 2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Restore timer 3.JPG
    Restore timer 3.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Restore timer 4.JPG
    Restore timer 4.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 180
VIP 622 HD tuner issue

I just got my 622. The SD PQ is OK but I cannot tune to HD stations (OTA or Sat) reliably. I am getting a line on the bottom of the screen and the picture comes and goes. The sound is fine. Any idea?

shlin said:
I just got my 622. The SD PQ is OK but I cannot tune to HD stations (OTA or Sat) reliably. I am getting a line on the bottom of the screen and the picture comes and goes. The sound is fine. Any idea?
Bad OTA = bad antenna or too not good enough signal. Bad SAT HD = improperly aligned dish at 129 or just plain crappy signal from 129. Try 61.5

Pepper said:
Bad OTA = bad antenna or too not good enough signal. Bad SAT HD = improperly aligned dish at 129 or just plain crappy signal from 129. Try 61.5
I had an 811 before this. I was getting good signal. I think it's the new box.

If the 811 was working fine and you can't tune to any HD channels (even the ones that came in before - and assuming that you didn't change your Dish then I agree, it must be the box. Call DISH and have them swap it out.

shlin said:

What is your signal strength (should be a number between 1 and 100 that is displayed when you change to a OTA HD channel)?

I just started having problems with my sound on my 622. I was just watching it and all of a sudden the sound went out and hasn't come back. If I do a hard boot then it comes back. Should I be trading this one in or just wait for some new software to come out? I can only assume I am not the only one with this problem...

scott78945 said:
I just started having problems with my sound on my 622. I was just watching it and all of a sudden the sound went out and hasn't come back. If I do a hard boot then it comes back. Should I be trading this one in or just wait for some new software to come out? I can only assume I am not the only one with this problem...
By chance were are you using a HDMI cable for audio? I had the same problem and was able to get audio back by doing a power cord reboot. Audio is still working.

Yeah, I am using HDMI. Please tell me that this isn't going to be an ongoing thing? This is the first time since it was installed 2 months ago and it has already happened 3 times tonight. I have only been watching tv for 2 1/2 hours. Unfortunately, the power cord is behind some furniture and is almost impossible to get to. I find it easier to just reboot it from the service panel in the front. It takes a couple of minutes but it seems to work.

scott78945 said:
Yeah, I am using HDMI. Please tell me that this isn't going to be an ongoing thing? This is the first time since it was installed 2 months ago and it has already happened 3 times tonight.
I have had the same HDMI cable in use since I got the 622. I have never had a problem with it until after the 622 got the L363 software update. I have not checked the 622 for a couple of hours. I hope that it still has working audio!

When I turned mine on tonight it didn't have sound. So far it has run 30 minutes with no problems. They better get this fixed ASAP as I will not keep rebooting just to watch tv. What a PITA.

jcrash said:
What is your signal strength (should be a number between 1 and 100 that is displayed when you change to a OTA HD channel)?

My OTA Signal is between 65 to 95. The problem is the same in every channel. Reboot seems to solved the problem for a few minutes. The picture will then show flash and black out. Guide and sound were always OK.

My 622 with L363 has lost sound 2 times so far tonight. I'm using HDMI and this is the first time it has ever happend. A hard boot did fix it for an hour or so then poof! Away it went again! Sounds like something in the stream to do it to more than one 622... I hope. I just got a new 42'' Samsung plasma a week ago; My first thought was uh-oh, back to BB! That would not be fun. Sure hope this is taken care of soon...

Bug or just bad luck? Last night (while my wife was recording lost or something) I did a scan of local channels. When done the only channels shown in my guide were my locals, lost all other channels, when trying to tune another not listed channel I got an error that said to contact Dish to enable HD. Reboot fixed it , but not my wifes recording, dohhhhh.

I noticed tonight that for the past 2 days when I get home from work I turn on the Dish and I NEVER have sound. I do the hard boot and then theres sound. This better get fixed pretty soon. Such a pain in the butt...but at least there is a temporary fix. Hopefully Dish is taking note...

For the last 2 nights sounds will be lost intermittenly. Changing channels will sometimes return it, but sometimes it seems to take a reset. I would call this a devastating bug.

I'm using HDMI to DVI cable for video and have a fiber optic cable to my sound system.

No sound problems, knock on wood, but my OTA program guide info has gone blank, back to "Digital Service," even though it has provided program guide info for months without missing a beat.

Not sure if it is related to the new software. Hopefully it will come back tomorrow after the 622 shuts down tonight.

Anyone else having this?

EDIT: Spoke to soon about the sound. It kicked out just a few minutes ago after switching from a DVR recording to a live channel. Dang. Reboot brought it back. Looking for a quick L.364!!!!!

Last edited:
Pause button kills sound, then box

This just cropped up Wednesday night (9/20). Was watching a recorded program and put it on pause. When I brought the show back on, there was no sound. Checked all the connections, they were fine, tried other components, i.e. DVD, they were fine, as was the signal from another source directly to the Sony, so the television sound system and the entertainment system were not the problem. While waiting for a tech. to come on the phone, I tried their suggestion of a power recycle. Funny thing, when I went to the box, I noticed all the lights were out. Anyway, a power recycle did restore the sound. Next night, just going to another previously recorded program was enough to kill the sound, and, again, the lights on the box were out.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)