ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

HDD High Temp 138
HDD Low Temp 109
HDD Avg Temp 122

Thats the temps I had on my first vip622 ver D, the hdmi died after 2 months

Replacement version E (4 months no problems)
The VIP 622 Temp
HDD High Temp 120
HDD Low Temp 98
HDD Avg Temp 105

The vip 622 temperature thread consensus is 138 is to hot

Any advice on the best way to get someone to send a replacement.

My HDMI went out about three months ago and every time I call for a status on the issue, someone tells me to keep waiting for a fix.

I'm getting tired of not being able to use the port and keep having to switch out components on my TV because my HDMI port won't work.

Any advice on the best way to get someone to send a replacement.

My HDMI went out about three months ago and every time I call for a status on the issue, someone tells me to keep waiting for a fix.

I'm getting tired of not being able to use the port and keep having to switch out components on my TV because my HDMI port won't work.

email ceo@echostar.com. Include your account number.

L365, Single Mode, 2 Dish 500's (110, 119, and 61.5)... OTA with a serviceable phillips/magnavox powered loop and rabbit ears combo... for now.

Ordered a DB4 antenna from Antennas Direct, to replace the above phillips/magnavox antenna, that currently sits in an upstairs window. The p/m antenna has worked fine, but presumably the DB4 would be better, and I want to make sure the Super Bowl goes off without a hitch.

At any rate, I ran in to the previously mentioned bug where scanning for locals will freeze the receiver shortly after exiting the screen. After the first reboot, the receiver would just refuse to tune in to my local Fox affiliate, which is traditionally my strongest signal (95 on average). Several channel scans, freezes, and reboots later (as well as switching back to my old antenna) it was back, but now it won't tune in to my local CBS (usually in the 80's for reception). Very, very bad for my Super Bowl hopes. I'll continue to fiddle and hope for the best. Jeez, the least it can do is just lose some crummy station I never watch!

It just irks me that they are taking their sweet arsed time to carry my locals in HD (Hartford), and then turn around and say that OTA reception isn't a priority. Just what other choice do I have here?

Ah well, end of rant. I would just love for E* to address the problem, sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
BigTetto

BT,

When were you trying FOX61?? They had problems yesterday that knocked their digital feed off the air, just in time for the football game....

And, regarding the antenna: What town do you live in??

OTA problems for one HD channel

Software version: L365
Mode bug occurred in: single
Dish setup: Dish 1000
Description of bug: DVR loses signal for FOX DTV channel
OTA Antenna: big Terk Antenna located in attic (Austin, TX)

For the FOX DTV broadcast, the receiver intermittently loses the signal. This is extremely frustrating when trying to watch a live or even recorded show (errors 316 when a show was recorded, 739 for live broadcasts). The problem is strange in that none of the other local HD channels experience this problem when viewed on the 622. When the antenna is plugged directly into my HD television, the FOX channel views without a hitch. When the signal is being received, I'm receiving signal strength of 90. Anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

First thing I would try is replacing the Terk antenna with a real antenna. Also get the antenna outside. Putting an antenna in the attic causes mutipath problems which the 622 does not handle very well.

You could also call your FOX station and talk to engineering to see if they have any PSIP problems.

In my DMA the FOX TV channel is causing the exact same problem. It started Jan. 09, 07 when they returned to the airwaves having been off the air for two days. Like you, only the 622 (and other local users of 622's and 211's) are affected. My regular HDTV ATSC tuners work fine with the channel.

I contacted the FOX TV station and after about seven phone calls, they actually went to the transmitter and tinkered while using me as a trouble shooting component. When they reversed their temporary fix (putting the signal a low power) the 622 worked fine. When they reinstalled their temporary fix the 622 started having problems again. The problem will continue until the receive and install new parts.

I have seen posts in other forums where people at different locations are having the same problem with the FOX channel.

The engineers at my FOX TV station assured me that they have added no new equipment and/or software upgrades.

I contacted advanced tech support at E* and they placed a trouble report with their engineering.
For the FOX DTV broadcast, the receiver intermittently loses the signal. This is extremely frustrating when trying to watch a live or even recorded show (errors 316 when a show was recorded, 739 for live broadcasts). The problem is strange in that none of the other local HD channels experience this problem when viewed on the 622. When the antenna is plugged directly into my HD television, the FOX channel views without a hitch. When the signal is being received, I'm receiving signal strength of 90. Anyone have any suggestions?

The problem exists in the Memphis, TN area, but not just with E* or just 622s. It was a a recent problem and the FOX engineer has been trying to run down. Confusing the problem is that I can hook up my old VoOM STB and get a perfect signal on the channel, which is 53 in my area.

BT,

When were you trying FOX61?? They had problems yesterday that knocked their digital feed off the air, just in time for the football game....

And, regarding the antenna: What town do you live in??

Hi Cosmo,

That is true, I was trying during the football game on Sunday. A few more channel scans/freezes/reboots, it now recognizes CBS again... I'm afraid to hook up the DB4 simply because CBS is coming in decent with the old one... and I definitely don't want to scan for channels again! At least till after the SB. Then I'll be happy to tinker.

Anyway, I'm in Manchester... Very close to the great yellow monstrosity recently "erected" known as VIP off 84 (Exit 63). In order of strength, the channels I get with the old antenna are Fox 61, NBC 30 (both reliable)... CBS (at times touchy, but the antenna is in a good spot right now)... WTNH is definitely troublesome. On a good day it'll come in around 70 for signal strength. Was hoping the DB4 might help, though I understand WTNH-DT is VHF.

Software version: L365
Mode bug occurred in: single
Dish setup: Dish 1000
Description of bug: DVR loses signal for FOX DTV channel
OTA Antenna: big Terk Antenna located in attic (Austin, TX)

Exactly what I am experiencing all the time with my local FOX Digital channel
My OTA Antenna: AntennaDirect DB8.

The weekend of 1/6-1/7 the local FOX station had problems with their digital equipment. It was repaired a couple days after the weekend. I checked at that time and no problems. I usually never watch FOX so did not check again until I started watching the first FOX game on Saturday. I didn't start watching from the DVR until over an hour and half into the game. There was no way I was going to switch to watching it directly, as I didn't want to see what the score was. On Sunday I was prepared and since the problem was still there I was forced to watch it live. At least I played music through my sound system and didn't have to listen to the usual babble! What a chore it is to watch a sporting event live on TV!

I split my cable from the OTA with a Radio Shack 16-2568 splitter (40-2150Mhz). One cable going to the 622 and the other to my Panasonic TH-50PX60U. My local HD stations are not provided by Dish yet. I can then record a local HD and watch another local in HD.

I called the local station FOX on Monday and they were not having any problems with their digital signal then or over the weekend. I switched the cables out from the splitter and no change. I disconnected splitter and put in a coupler and went direct to 622. Still no change. Deleted all locals and rescanned. Rebooted. Nothing solved the problem.

Called Dish Tech and described what was happening and all I'd done to try and isolate the problem. After a period of time and after the tech guy talked with someone else he was going to write it up as a possible software issue. Anyone else with this problem should call Dish to add to the people who are having this problem.

I'll have to watch this Sunday's game on FOX live. I hate watching football games live. What a waste of time.

Fix for loss of signal?

To those who are a having a problem with one OTA channel, you might want to try my work-around. Can't promise it will work and it seems a bit counter-intuitive, but inserting a large amount of attenuation in the antenna feed stopped my receiver from having intermittent still frames, pixelation, sound motorboating, and signal loss error messages on one of my local channels. I had to insert over 20 dB of attenuation where the signal strength dropped to the mid 70s before it stopped acting up.

VIP 622 has a mind of its own, apparently.

Well, I recently got the 622 and all of a sudden, I've had some interesting problems crop up. I think it has something to do with Dual Mode vs. Single Mode. When it is in Single Mode, it will intermittently change channels, enter menus, show the guide, etc. However, it seems to stop when it is in Dual Mode. Any ideas as to how I can get this to stop. I like Single Mode because of PIP. Any help would be most appreciated.

Change your remote address. Somebody nearby has theirs set to the same address as you.

If that is the case, wouldn't the "changes" be something different everytime. In this case, even when the system is booting up, the "Acquiring Satelitte" window changes to the "System info" screen every few seconds. It goes back and forth like that until the signal is acquired. Then, depending on where I am in the system (lets say I'm just watching a station), the 622 will bring up the info, then it will go away, then come back, and then go away ... continuously. If I am in the system's menu, it will select what ever is highlighten, then go back, then select , then go back .. continuously. If this still sounds like a remote problem, let me know. However, it sounds like more of a software glitch. Thanks for the reply!!!!!

Your remote might also be changing your neighbors receiver so he is making a point that you need to change the address. Of course he could change his but maybe he just likes having fun at your expense.

When my neighbor had Dish over to install his system, I turned mine on to see what would happen and sure enough mine started changing channels, going to the menu etc. I immediately started using my remote to change things and the installer next door got the message and changed his remote to something different. Problem solved.

I wrote DISH about this but never got a reply. I have Jon Steward and also the Cobert Report to record on my 622 only new shows daily. It works fine except for Monday's when it records evrery single re-run all day long. What Gives?

Trying to pick up 119 west

versus on 441

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)